Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minelabs, King of the beach??  (Read 2875 times)
rst4me100
Rally attendee

« on: March 14, 2013, 11:47:27 PM »

Hi all, just discovered this brilliant site,just  got back into the hobby as ive got permission on 1000 acres of farmland, with roman and celtic settlements, plow and pasture along with a LOT of hill land filled with shallow quartz that i doubt has ever seen a plough , ive been reading through some old posts, i know ive been away from detecting for many years but just been reading that minelabs are the "king of the beach "  now i know ive been away for a while ,but i was always lead to believe that a good pi machine was the way to go on the salt [ i still have a goldquest ss v2] that ive not used for years,  and as we know the salt takes care of most of the ferrous stuff pretty quickly , i was just wondering if there is something im missing regarding these all singing and dancing minelabs in the salt , because if there is im going to get one! One other thing , i would be keen to hear of any recs regarding good , deepish detectors for my above sites , pref something that i dont need a computer science degree to use.  ps COME ON WALES !! on sat! cheers , mike.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:05:17 AM »

I use an XP Deus myself, it's an excellent machine and reasonably easy to use. Prepare yourself for a lot of ideas for machines for you and loads of varying opinions!
eddythefly

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:33:06 PM »

my minelab ctx works on dry land or salty wet land  or deep and shallow.
no falsing on wet sand or in the water or under power lines but did have a good trick by turning on my mobile phone so dont carry it with me now.

jondav

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13:59 PM »

Undoubtedly yes, I must have had over a dozen different detectors over the years P.I.s included, and without a doubt the Minelabs are the best beach machines, especially the explorer range,with all the other machines Iv,e tried there was falsing on wet sand , Minelabs seem to be the only manufacturer that appear to have solved the problem,perhaps it,s to do with transmitting multiple frequencies, the only other useable machine I used was the fisher 1265,and that sputtered a bit,the Etrac is a bit better in junky areas than the Explorers.
GoldieLookinChain

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »

yeh minelabs all the way ill give you 50 quid for the goldquest ss v2 for my detector museum I am starting  Smiley
Landyman

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »

My Minipulse pi machine finds stuff twice as deep on wet sand than my e trac, but the discrimination is not very good and I dig lots of iron.
rst4me100
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:28:44 AM »

HaHa , nice one Goldie! Smiley
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 05:35:17 AM »

minelabs for most beaches i detect are the buiseness but a good pulse machine on cleaner beaches will make you money too Shocked

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
troutmasterfunk

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »

After much YouTube watching and forum reading I went for minelab sov GT had some cracking finds enough so the machine paid for itself in 2 months!!
I then took the plunge and went for the ETRAC not everyone's cup of tea but wot a machine.. has paid for itself twice todate.
there is a place for all machines in detecting I'm also a believer in positive mental attitude..  Grin
JBM

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »

After much YouTube watching and forum reading I went for minelab sov GT had some cracking finds enough so the machine paid for itself in 2 months!!
I then took the plunge and went for the ETRAC not everyone's cup of tea but wot a machine.. has paid for itself twice todate.
there is a place for all machines in detecting I'm also a believer in positive mental attitude..  Grin

Possibly so I used to be a Minelab fan until 3-4 years back and they certainly have good multi-freqency machines which are ideal for the beach. Wink Jerry.
rst4me100
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »

The minelabs seem to getting a lot of thumbs up so far, would something like the sov gt also be good on old pasture with what seems to be a lot of iron or is there a few other machines to consider that would do a good job on the land and the wet sand.
GoldieLookinChain

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »

Location all ways beets machine.
Give me a ace 250 in Japan or Korea over a gpx 5000 here lol
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »

Nobody has mentioned the Safari.
 Now there is a machine that will tackle any place, goes as deep as most of us want to dig, doesn't react to hot rocks, easy to set up and go, auto balance, not too heavy, multi frequency, well balanced. Could probably think of more pluses but it's late and I'm tired.
Only minus , I think, is the multi sounds. They take a fair time to get used to. But I tend to use mine in 'all metal' mode which I think gives better separation between metals on bad ground. Easier on the brain as well, just think  'low is bad, high is good' (maybe). Great machine in my opinion. If it's there, it'll find it.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal