Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: LADIES OR GENTS AT HOME  (Read 4534 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: May 19, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »

as we all love our great hobby of metal detecting and go out on the early morning to hunt for our treasure, just wondering to here of everyone does your wife,husband,or partner or in my case lady friend Grin Grin take interest on what you find or when you talk detecting when you are back home with them! in my case my dear lady friend is interested what i find and when i do BABBLE on to her about detectingwales.com and all the things to do with detecting , but i wonder sometimes do i get on her nerves  Grin
altinkum

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

the first thing my wife ask's is what's it worth and my kid's call me an anorak or a durr whatever one of those are

explorers, my arse
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:09:14 PM »

a durr,  blimey i haven't heard of that either,  lol

Yes Kev,  when i first started out in the detecting world i was seeing someone and she was interested and said we may find some hammered  medieval coins along some old footpaths, hell, i didn't even know what they were lol,

But,  when i did go out now and then she thought i was going out seeing someone else, lol,  ohh women hey,  she wasn't comfortable with it at all then,
Alan

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »

the first thing my wife ask's is what's it worth and my kid's call me an anorak or a durr whatever one of those are

Don't worry Mike your not alone, I am also Durr. I have looked it up in the Observers book of Neanderthal children and it's Teenish for "God Dad your so boring", usually followed by the educated observation of "what ever".

Chef
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »

ha ha, its all a learning kerb  we learn so much history from it,
  when i was on a ralley a few years ago a young lad was detecting,  he said he's learned more history by detecting than ever he did in school lol more interesting too,   actully he's on Mike Peggs Film , Down to Earth, the first one,
 Alan

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »

Dont be fooled Kev

Lady friends only pretend to look interested, i think they learn it from their mothers.
When you marry them its a differant story ! ,lol
When your talking to her about Detecting throw in an unexpected word see if she notices lol

Everyone knows all that women think about is shoes  Tongue

Ive tried to get the Miss,s into Detecting but shes just not interested.
I envy Detecting Couples i know we have a few on the forum and a few in my club RARE
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »

My daughter, my grandaughter and my son-in-law are all into detecting but they're not fanatics.

My son-in-law has a camper and they go to Fishguard a lot as his parents have a caravan there, he takes the grandaughter on the beaches but they've only ever found modern coinage.

My wife? She likes it but I can't ever see her going 'tecting.   

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

ha ha ha PHil  yeah,  their minds work in a different way to ours, you need to be a Philadelphian lawyer to work them out , their a spieces in their own Mate  lol, yeah, and often learn  from their mum's to keep the secrets going,
 ooooops i'd better shut up,  Jo has just come on, ohhhhh,  lol

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

My wife has already told me that , "She would rather have her eyes gouged out wit hot splintery wooden spoons, than listen to me talk about old rubbish I found in the dirt that people 500 years ago had the good sense to dispose of"   Huh

That one hurt.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
altinkum

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 06:11:11 PM »

hey chef i just took my 2 boy's up asda to get them a playstation game each aint it funny there was no fighting bitch fit's or stropp's on the way up or back within 3 min's of walking in the house it all kick's off. then i'm accused of favoring one over the other YOU JUST CANT WIN.   MIKE

explorers, my arse
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »

lol  lol   don't it just say it all, ohhh dear , yah just can't win,  lol

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »

I don't think they learn it, I think its instinctive.
I have three daughters and from the age of about three, they could put their head on one side and say , in that sing songy voice "Dady", and no matter how hard I tried, I could feel all the will power and resistance draining out of me, and they even took over my voice box, all I could say was yes.

A dangerous breed. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
waltonbasinman
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »

My missus is fine and actually reads this forum quite regularly. Needs a bit more effort with the finds though. I get the usual what,s it worth, but shes fine and knows we all need our own space now and then. Best non detector find I ever made.
hedgehog
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 07:14:00 AM »

My missus is fine and actually reads this forum quite regularly. Needs a bit more effort with the finds though. I get the usual what,s it worth, but shes fine and knows we all need our own space now and then. Best non detector find I ever made.

Cry Cry That's really sweet Paul , what a nice thing to say!
Trying to understand what talking about detecting is like to most women, can only think on the shoes theme; if they start talking about shoes my mind goes , lah, lah , lah , lah is it over yet?  Grin Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

HI THERE   NOOOOOOO   THE MRS HAS ABSOLUTLY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER IN DETECTING  .............   USUALLY TAKES THE MICK OUT OF THE THINGS I FIND AND BRING BACK ...................   SHE WILL SOON CHANGE HER MIND  WHEN I BRING HOME A HUGE HOARD  OF  RARE GOLD COINS ...............  MY ANSWER WILL BE ,,,, SORRY YOU HAVE NO INTEREST   SO   THIS SHOULDENT INTEREST YOU  ........................ WELL I MIGHT GET HER A TWIX OR A MARS BAR  IF SHES LUCKY  Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal