Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Last search!!!  (Read 5847 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

Well a sad day today for me, Cry I went to  look at a field I have searched on and off for many years. In the past it has produced Roman mainly 3rd century onwards, having found the field to be in stubble and fairly short I decided to check with the farmer to see if it was ok to search, well over an hour later I was still trying to track him down with but without success Huh so I decided to go to the field and search, only to find the farmer in the field at last… Grin he came over only to confirm to me he had given permission to his friend to search, Huh I did ask if we could share the field but he was reluctant and told me he was fed up being phoned with people asking to search, Angry Angry something I never have done and don’t particularly agree with anyway, much better to go face to face , and most landowners do not like cold calling, does anyone!!. He did say I was welcome to continue to search for the day so despite the setback I did; the result was the following coins, Smiley in a way it would have been better if I had not found any as I shall not return again. Looking on the bright side there is other Roman fields to search and must be grateful for the years I have had on this land. Wink

* 003.JPG (90.51 KB, 448x336 - viewed 609 times.)

* 001.JPG (81.04 KB, 448x336 - viewed 586 times.)

* 002.JPG (80.85 KB, 448x336 - viewed 586 times.)
monkeymad

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:34:40 PM »

Nice coins, still yet to find my first  Sad

I know the feeling losing get a permission, I just lost one to archaeologists  Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry

Marcus Porcius Purpurio

2013 finds:-
Hammered x6
centenary medal x1
Fob seal matrix x1
Tons of other bits now.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »

I know the feeling losing get a permission, I just lost one to archaeologists  Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry
Sorry to here that monkeymad onwards and upwards I suppose mate Wink Smiley
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

Sorry Paul that's a real bummer Angry Hope you've still got your medieval field. One of my farmers has decided to tell anyone who phones that his land is just in the process of being scheduled lol
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

Sorry Paul that's a real bummer Angry Hope you've still got your medieval field. One of my farmers has decided to tell anyone who phones that his land is just in the process of being scheduled lol
Waiting for the crop to come of the Medieval mate Huh scheduled, that will stop them in there tracks eh!! Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »

I told him to be careful or they'll think there's more there than there is and start nighthawking Undecided
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »

Nice finds it looks a good site, but what a shame you have lost your permission Cry
I also just had a little bad news two of my best Medieval fields is getting put to pasture its produced a some nice stuff over the years, I can still detect it BUT I sort of hate pasture Undecided   
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:50:31 AM »

Sorry to hear that spikey Sad exact same happened to me a few years back Sad  you never know his friend  may give up so sorry checking with him again in a couple of years time...

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Whiteduke

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »

"  I did ask if we could share the field but he was reluctant and told me he was fed up being phoned with people asking to search,   something I never have done and don’t particularly agree with anyway, much better to go face to face"

I fail to see how stopping you detecting his land,is going to stop phone calls,im guessing there is no "friend"

I see nothing wrong in ringing to ask for permission,your not trying to sell him/her anything .
would you rather all the cold calls you get on the phone were replaced with cold call door visits?
I think not Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »

I told him to be careful or they'll think there's more there than there is and start nighthawking Undecided
Yes that's a good point Geoff Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »

Nice finds it looks a good site, but what a shame you have lost your permission Cry
I also just had a little bad news two of my best Medieval fields is getting put to pasture its produced a some nice stuff over the years, I can still detect it BUT I sort of hate pasture Undecided   

I also had a Medieval field put down to permanent pasture best part of 10 years ago, Sad and it slowly produced less and less Dale, that said I gained permission from the next farm along and it is now my favourite medieval site, Smiley Wink so swings and roundabouts, oh! and its one of my few farms that still PLOUGHED..... Shocked Shocked Shocked
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »

Tell me more.

XP Deus user
alun

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »

nice finds tho buddy, and i understand what you say about wishing you had not found anything. Knowing your luck though you will find another productive site soon. Good luck.
On the brighter note, I just secured a new permission today, which I may be looking for a detecting buddy when he harvests.

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »

nice coins paul,shame about the loss of land

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 08:46:08 AM »

Sorry to hear that spikey Sad exact same happened to me a few years back Sad  you never know his friend  may give up so sorry checking with him again in a couple of years time...
Yes that's true, will check at a later date Wink Wink Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal