Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aport talbot beach worker  (Read 3313 times)
SEAHAWK

« on: July 20, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »

i my name is richie know as seahawk,i work at the po rtalbot beach for the past 20 years,there is a tractor on the beach cleaning everyday,the reason for wrighting this is that some pepole think the cleaner takes of most of the find's,not true there is a 5 inch space between every rake anything over that size will fall back on to the beach,this being the reason why some time's you will see beer can's left behind the tracotor,allso the sand see's to be a lot deeper during the summer month's,as you will know from september on ward's the sand will move around this makeing find's more and more,the big winter tide's at low water mark,and up to half way of the beach you will see a lot of shale,you may say why i am telling you this because we have tides twice a day and each time it's like starting again,there are pleanty of new and old on this beach trust me i know,regard's,ps there are a team of 5, every year from essex throu the winter months who stay all the weekend i have seen what they take,ols and new regards richie

SeaHawk
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:38:44 AM »

Great post Richie - really interesting to hear your side of it. Do you detect that beach yourself or generally find much when on it.

I have never been on it myself but have heard of some choice finds coming off it.

Welcome to Detectingwales mate.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
150aceboy
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »

Very interesting post m8  Wink
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »

ahhhh so thats how they do it.... ive only been told about it mate so good to actually read how its done  Wink

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 06:51:38 AM »

wow,  thats interesting, thanks for sharing Seahawk

Stred (Steve)

Explorer XS

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »

That's a good thread Richie, thanks for sharing mate Wink

Off to Port Talbot beach we all go then Grin

Just enjoy, life\\\'s too short.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:18:18 AM »

Welcome to the the forum Richie  Grin

Of all the beaches Ive ever detected Port Talbot/Aberavon is the cleanest regarding Alu and other beach detritus ive been on.
I haven't been there for a while now but when i went there last id say every 4/5 targets you'd find a coin or something worth keeping.

Keep up the good work Richie !
SEAHAWK

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

just like to saythankyou to all of you for the welcome and reading the post i have put up,please at anytime anyone who need's to know about the movenent of the sand if it's to high or not or maybe the high's and low water mark's please simply ask the day before you are due to come to the beach i will inform you all,regard's richie ,,seahawk,,ps i allso have a shed on the beach front where you can top up on hot water for the flask's,must prove you are a detector by showing you'r machine for the hot water lol,

SeaHawk
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »

Hi Ritchie...i have detected aberavon/port talbot beach quite a lot over the years
and its a real nice place to go nowadays...have had quite a few decent finds and
look forward to maybe bumping into you one of these days regards Paul from Cwmbran... Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.
SEAHAWK

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

Paul from Cwmbran thankyou and yes i will be looking forward to meeting you myself regards richie

SeaHawk

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal