Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cows.  (Read 5636 times)
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »

the only cow I trust its this one #Invalid YouTube Link#
Laughing Cow Commercial Song
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:10 AM »

dont worry nap will grill them and slap them in a bread roll Smiley

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
glynkid

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:19 AM »

when I started detectin  I was surrounded by a heard of cows nudging into me I panicked a bit and ended up standing in the river with a circle of cows on the bank  on this occasion they  did move on On  thanother ocassion one grabbed my butties and eat them all incuding the plastic bag
Now I dont mind cowas at all they are only curious as if to say what are you doing here on my pad
But look out for the bull if its there they stare pound the ground and youhave to move fast before they run to you
I have seen cars damaged by cattle on the field  wing mirrors damaged ect
Horses can be more scary  I remember on a couple of times one coming up turning round and hooves nearly hitting you as they kick out
lastly dont trust a swan near its nest or geese but in general most animals wont harm there only curios

glyn kid
bleepinbeeps
Rally attendee

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:53 AM »

Aliens in the Woods (Cow chasing Man) Original
the-BANGOR-citizan

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »

They can be very dangerous, I tend to take some garage music with me as it placates them somewhat

cows & cows & cows

Fantastic Rob. I now see cows in a differant light.

Remember Farrar Road
Farmer Phil (always remembered)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »

My parents had a amateur dig when I was younger. Whenever crossing any field with cows they gave me the pick and made me be the closest of the team to the cows.

Mind you never had a problem with them, apart from a few times when they licked my father's car. As other people say they're pretty docile and are just curious, although the farm I detect on asks that you don't detect in the same field as cows - usually they're in the next field over and come over to look over the fence to see what I am doing.
mrsmarky123
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:27 AM »

god that video with the cow chaseing that man has had me chuckling all morning fairplay lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
robbiephoto
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »

What about a bit of reggae
that was funny
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 07:21:58 AM »

As been said previously, you should always be very weary if cows and calves and a bull are in the same field. Mum cow will defend her calf, and the bull dependant on breed can turn equally as nasty. Especially if you have a dog with you !
walkers have been known to be killed by cows.

In most case cows livestock will be curious, as you walk through a field you will tell if they are used to people or not  by their reaction to you. Never turn your back to steers, bulls or cows if they're close, always keep an eye on what theyre up to ! The welsh blacks  i find more troublesome, and never get into a field with a fresian black an white bull, even if they are young.

If youre with young livestock worst thing you can do is run ! Most farmers pat livestock with sticks when moving them about, you have a spade, wave it at them, never run. Grin

The best person to ask is the farmer.
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »

As been said previously, you should always be very weary if cows and calves and a bull are in the same field. Mum cow will defend her calf, and the bull dependant on breed can turn equally as nasty. Especially if you have a dog with you !
walkers have been known to be killed by cows.

In most case cows livestock will be curious, as you walk through a field you will tell if they are used to people or not  by their reaction to you. Never turn your back to steers, bulls or cows if they're close, always keep an eye on what theyre up to ! The welsh blacks  i find more troublesome, and never get into a field with a fresian black an white bull, even if they are young.

If youre with young livestock worst thing you can do is run ! Most farmers pat livestock with sticks when moving them about, you have a spade, wave it at them, never run. Grin

The best person to ask is the farmer.
If you have to go in a field with a bull, cow and calves is it best to to do so after a double shift at work? That way you can make sure you are very weary. Lol

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal