Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales.com Rally 71 - The Baby Jobe Rally  (Read 24998 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:47 PM »

Thanks for stepping up to the line with the report Geoff and thanks for the picies Rob.

I always look forward to reading what everyone  found and trying my hand at I.D. on them.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 01:08:16 AM »

yet again , you have some real nice finds there guys n gals....well done  Smiley

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
diggaduff

Xp Deus user

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 06:51:13 AM »

We'll done all on the finds, and such a good collection for a worthy cause Smiley

Life's about getting Hammered                                               Pembrokeshire Searchers
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »

A great day had thank you to Dw for arranging great farm,  and even bigger thanks to each and every person that put there hand in there pocket and donated some money to a fantastic cause I'm bowled over by the generosity of people hope to see you all at the next rally.

Alun

bristolminelab
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 07:18:18 AM »

Many thanks to the farmer and his family for allowing us to detect their  farm and thanks to the organisers for another great DW rally , had a few nice finds, small incense burner, bronze key,George 2nd coin etc
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:41:43 PM by bristolminelab » Logged
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »

well i would just like to thank taff and the rest of the dw guys for another great rally , there would be to many to thank individually , the farmer and his family for allowing us to use his farm , being only the second time out with my detector im really starting to find the good stuff
(iron is good isn't it)   Cheesy , and i do think if prizes were given out for most iron dug i'm pretty sure i would win , anyway at around 15.30hrs i was at a low point after just digging up my 357th piece of iron i was about to throw the minelab e-trac into a hedge well that was the third time that day it was going in there because it nearly went in on the 163rd piece of iron and again when i hit the 231st piece , then along comes the chef ,he did his best to console me and tried hard to talk me out of ditching the e-trac , he fiddled with the screen and set me up with a new pattern and within 10 mins i found my first small silver button , so things are looking up (hopefully)
incedently i did some research on the button and it looks to me like the one jesus used to do his jeans up ,well thats what i told my little un anyway  Grin , can't wait for the next rally now armed with my new settings ,thank you chef geoff , thank you to alan (handyman) for starting me off first thing ,thanks nobby for the transport , one more thing that i enjoyed the most was watching alan (handyman) planting a few modern coins were the farmers daughters were detecting and watching their faces when they were finding them ,it really was priceless well done alan  Grin Grin

the mighty xp Deus
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 10:00:30 AM »

Thanks to all for a great day.
   Just want to thank HLonestar(Hywel) for dragging me out of the clutches of the quicksand mud in the bottom field.If it wasn't for him I might still be there-or not ! I could have been sucked down with just the Minelab sticking out of the mud to show where a detectorist had come to a sticky end.
  Had to take my sodden trousers off to travel home,just had my black thermal longjohns on and got some funny looks at the Waitrose petrol station. Shocked
VivtheChip
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »

Hello and thanks for a great day out. My first rally and at least my metal detector does find metal ( mostly iron of course )so no refund due.
 Basically I must express my sincere appreciation to the courtesy shown and advive given so readily - and of course nobody knew me! Brilliant state of affairs and friendship. So again thanks to those who I met ( I was the one in red waterproof) and look forward to meeting more of you in the future. A good thing also is that I did prove to the wife that you do not apparently find gold everytime. Ha! Ha!.
 Regards Viv the chip.
Svaipa

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »

Thanks to organisers and farmer for a lovely day out with the stick.
And thanks to Doc for the id on the French.
Ben Taylor-Davies
Rally attendee

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »

Hi All,

As the farmer from yesterdays rally - we/as a family would like to thank everyone who contributed to the fantastic donation on behalf of our son Jobe who had his life saved by Birmingham children's hospital, we have just put the donation on his just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/babyjobespromise. Jobe if you don't know was kicked in the side of the head by a horse some 18 months ago suffering horrific head and brain injuries, thankfully his recovery is simply astonishing, we don't know what the future holds, but he's a happy chappy and enjoyed watching the metal detecting - his progress cash be followed at https://www.facebook.com/BabyJobesProgress. I would also like to thank everyone who came and spoke to us and gave us tips on detecting, our 2 girls had a fabulous time, especially after Alan had planted a few coins to give them some encouragement, they then went on to find a bag seal and various buttons, needless to say they have gone to school with them today! It was great to see many of the finds and we have ordered a display case to show the farms history in buttons, buckles, coins and various other items. A massive thank you has to go to the chap who left us with the silver hammered coin - the girls have ordered a coins book and are looking forward to try and identify it. The pottery lesson was also fascinating!!!!! look forward to reading the report and hope to see you all again for another rally - perhaps when it's warmer and a little drier!

The Taylor-Davies family
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »

Ben, thank you for allowing us the opportunity of metal detecting on your farm and for laying on the tea , coffee and most importantly the toilets Grin ,it was a great day which we all enjoyed. It was a pleasure meeting you all. Wishing Jobe a wonderful future
                                                Dylan

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »

Great Rally report guys - sounds like a fun day out. Well done to all the finders.

Been away for a few days so missed this one.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
pulltabpaul
Rally attendee

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 02:26:55 PM »

and more

could someone give me an id on this coin plz i have looked and looked but cant find anything like it . it has a curl at the end of the cross and a little dash

many thanks

pulltabpaul
pulltabpaul
Rally attendee

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »

soz lads , it was the eddie coin thanks again pulltabpaul Wink
gandalf
Rally attendee

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

A big thank you to Ben and his family for allowing us to metal detect on his land.
Regards Peter

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal