Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Well my first day metal detecting with my brother in law  (Read 4978 times)
ewansdad27

« on: August 16, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Well what a day i have had with cadzzy
We went searching for farmers to ask for permission to go on fields and and well, 3 out of 3 said yes!!

Im having trouble getting good images on my camera and i have lots of items to post. I shall post them individualy tomorrow. But heres just a glance of what we found

we found 5 coins ( dating from 18th century to 1940 something lol)
A whistle ( broken but remains)
a bullet ( god knows what but you will be able to tell me soon i hope)
2 buckles ( i believe)
some sort of key and all sorts of rubbish lol

On the way down, me managed to walk into a wasps nest and have to admit that the nats werent much help to add. The spade decided it was going to play up and dont get me started on the ti cans we found .

But it was all worth it as like i said, the coins was the greatest part of the day but now we just need some siler coins to boot.

Al in all, a fantastic day out and thanks cadzzy mate!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:44:47 PM by ewansdad27 » Logged

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »

Glad you got out , sounds like you had a good day and well done with the farmers. That is the biiiiiiiggest pic i've seen for a while!
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

Well done - we all have to start somewhere. I can see a barrel key and a horse boss there. Any chance of a clearer photo of the buckle.

Just wait for the first silver to appear - that'll have you hooked then! Judging by your finds there will be a few there. As a rule wherever you find large Vicky pennies - milled vicky and past silver will appear also. Stick at it.

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
zorro
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »

sounds to me like the best bit of luck you had today was 3 out of 3 farmers giving you permission to search their land....what sort of "chat up line" do you use??
ewansdad27

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

to be honesti havent had chance to clean them yet as we only got back at 7 so im going to clean them up a lil then post them if my rubbish camera wants to work lol. so good chance of silver ai? heres  hoping

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:33 PM »

Well done fella , cracking start!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
ewansdad27

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:56:02 PM »

Glad you got out , sounds like you had a good day and well done with the farmers. That is the biiiiiiiggest pic i've seen for a while!

yeah sorry about that i have shrunk it now

ewansdad27

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »

i am having trouble getting a good shot so i will wait for the daylight tomorrow and then post the buckle on there ( i think its a buckle)

Would love to get the year of it ( or as close as i can )

can you see it on the pic? its got a sort of cros on it. it looks a bit celtic to me but im not sure

DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 08:10:28 PM »

Good finds lads  Wink

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
ewansdad27

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »

oh and just quickly forgot to mention that the bullet still has gun powder in it lol. so wont be putting that in the sun. if anyone has any ideas on any of theitems ( granted its not a close up) then please let me know what you think it might be.

Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »

You done well for your first time,& well done on getting some land,happy hunting. Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
ewansdad27

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »

You done well for your first time,& well done on getting some land,happy hunting. Grin

thanks stig.  its funny because the first coin that my brother found was a napoleon iii 1953

and the first coin i found was

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/1/9/3/6/1/webimg/290597119_tp.jpg

DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »

SOME LOVELY FINDS THERE BUD   KEEP AT IT    EXCELLENT  FOR THE FIRST TIME OUT ,,,,,,  WELL DONE ON GETTING THE LAND TOO,,, ALL YA HAVE TO DO NOW BUD   IS  GET OUT THERE  AND POST THE PICS  OF ALL YOUR  FINDS,,,,GOOD LUCK Wink Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »

Well Winkled Mate !

Keep up the good work ;0)
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »

Well done its good to see the stuff,and congrats on your new farmland all the best for more finds Grin.....Dave

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal