Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone up for giving this a go with me  (Read 8030 times)
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« on: November 15, 2015, 11:49:20 PM »

roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 12:10:37 AM »

Hi Sladey
Me and Relicron will give it a go with you if you have permission in place.  We live about half hour away in the Rhymney valley.  Let me know if it's OK.  Cheers.  Tom
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:11:32 AM »

That's strange there was a fight in Caerau  Grin.......nice to know what comes up, working up there next week

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »

im deffo up for it its clear as day where it was by looking at the 2 maps so its got to be something there worth finding i hope lol
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »

I think you should get permission first......even for Caerau  Grin

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »

Huh It's a scheduled site so it's way off limits Undecided
TomG
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »

I was all excited then as I thought it was the Caerau near to Cimla in Neath. I thought: " I go off roading up there! "

Happy to come along if everything is legal and whatnot. Smiley
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »

It's not!

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

Well it has a SAM number GM065 so it must be Undecided
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

If it's scheduled its a no go, pure and simple, if it's not scheduled (and it seems that it is scheduled !) then you need the landowners permission if you don't want to get arrested...  People appear from nowhere when you start detecting, if you don't have permission you are SUNK !    If you can get permission from the surrounding landowner then that's the way to go, you can detect right up to the exclusion zone and who knows what might pop up.

Too many people are buying machines and assuming that because there's a public right of way they can just detect there, it's not the case.  Met a couple of guys locally walking with a detector who thought that and had to explain it to them...  Keep it legal guys, or you could end up with more than you bargain for.

BTW speaking of keeping the right side of the law, I saw on countryfile (last weeks edition I think) that the Welsh government are thinking of taking up a similar system to the Scottish land access rights. They said on Countryfile that it would give everyone access to ANY land for ANY outdoor activity, this surely cant be right, I'm sure there will be caveats for things like detecting...   Any comments on this one ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:54:24 AM by Da Monkey » Logged

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
sladey1985
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 01:55:30 AM »

Huh It's a scheduled site so it's way off limits Undecided

what do you mean by scheduled site im new to all this so not sure what you mean
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 03:31:47 AM »

Wiki say it much more eloquently than me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheduled_monument

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Greg

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »

Slady, I don't know why people are making it so complicated, the fact is that wherever you detect in these isles, you need permission off the Landowner (and only the landowner).
Scheduled sites, (castles, digs, archaeological sites) are a definite NoNo.
Beaches:- see Crown estates. Easy to print a permit off the Internet.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »

BTW speaking of keeping the right side of the law, I saw on countryfile (last weeks edition I think) that the Welsh government are thinking of taking up a similar system to the Scottish land access rights. They said on Countryfile that it would give everyone access to ANY land for ANY outdoor activity, this surely cant be right, I'm sure there will be caveats for things like detecting...   Any comments on this one ?

Sounds interesting - I think I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this (the land access bit) - I know at the farm I go to they don't really want people tramping over their land (sometimes I think even on the footpaths) - and controlling access to prevent people doing nasty things to the animals / crops is important, but then I know that the land had been enclosed around 1810 - so people used to have access to it. I think there has to be some kind of balance between total and free access and the kind of enclosed parks of the middle ages.
Cymro

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »

Seems a very broad-brush approach - it implies that anybody can enter my garden and play football among the potatoes . . .

If I've learned one thing in my years on this earth it's that governments are not well known for doing things for the benefit of Joe Public, so I always look for an ulterior motive. Fracking comes to mind, for one - if they thought there were any gas deposits under my back garden they could just come along and extract it without reference to me. Or you, or anybody else. Good luck with my back garden - it's only about 20' x 30' but the principle remains.

Need to look into this one some more . . .

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal