Return to the land!

(1/2) > >>

Resurgam:
                           Not been on the land for some time now but have occasionally managed a bit of beach detecting with little or no important, or interesting, finds. I have two small fields that are generally under crop with winter wheat and the the last couple of years I have missed the harvest and the fields have been re-seeded before I got the opportunity to swing the coil over them.

Swung by there last week end and the wheat had been cropped, leaving stubble that looks to be about eight inches high. The fields have never produced much, other than late Georgian junk and a fist full of old US coinage in one small area. With my Mrs having said that Saturday is my own, I think I will break out the Safari and fit the thirteen inch ultimate coil and give the fields a good going over. I may just also pack the Q40 and swing it over a raised track that separates the fields one from the other.

If the weather hold good, I will probably make a day of it.

Val Beechey:
Best of luck Chris. Hope you find something nice 🤞

Resurgam:
                                   Good evening Val. I just hope that I can stay on my feet; I took a tumble in the garden the other week and it took me over a week to get properly mobile again. Hit the ground like a sack of spuds before I even knew what was happening! Doing well now though and redsy for a spot of treasure hunting. ;)

Val Beechey:
Easy done Chris, easy done. At least you didn’t end up in plaster like me  ::)
My balance leaves a bit to be desired lately. I’ve even been talking about putting a hand rail at the side of the two steps down from the back door  :o

Remember, pick your feet up !

I learned , last night they’ve done the last grass cut down the farm. I think I might be tempted  ;D

Resurgam:
                        Didn't actually make it out to swing the coil on Saturday due to my Mrs being so upset over our cancelled Mediterranean cruise, but I did get out there on Sunday morning. I ignored anything scrappy and only chased up interesting signals, without much success. Not a single coin to be found all morning but I did get to chat with the sprayer operator working the large field next to mine.

I asked for permission to detect the fields that the sprayer operator was working and he said I would have to talk to his boss and I should visit the farm down the road. I popped along to the farm when I finished at lunchtime and the entrance looked like the gateway to Fort Knox, with all sorts of instructions implying 'bog off if you don't have an appointment'. Me thinks I will drop a letter in their letter box this week and request permission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page