Has Teknetics re-branded?

(1/2) > >>

Dusty:
Hey all. Just wondering if Teknetics has been re-branded to Goldfinder?

My sister picked up a Goldfinder GF2 for her lad and it looks very much like the old T2. Being a bit suspicious I had a ganda inside the head and it's got a Teknetics PCB?  ???

wirrall jeffo:
the goldfinder  is a chineese copy of teknetiks with stolen technology

probono:
Much Chinese technology is 'borrowed'. We find it in the industry I am in.

Dusty:
Borrowed technology  :D

Would a ripoff have a Teknetics PCB inside identical to the original? For a ripoff performance is pretty spot on, surprisingly...

probono:
Quote from: Dusty on July 04, 2019, 01:16:40 PM

Borrowed technology  :D

Would a ripoff have a Teknetics PCB inside identical to the original? For a ripoff performance is pretty spot on, surprisingly...

In some areas - especially if for instance the PCB was made in China - some 'extra' parts might fall off the back of a lorry - and quite often the circuit diagrams as well. The Chinese are very good at making copies of things.

And in terms of price - having just deconstructed my CTX 3030 (the screen has stopped working) - I wouldn't be surprised the material value of it is about £100 at most.....you can understand that a copy could be cheaper.

I remember when I worked at Sony that we were looking at getting AA batteries for 4 cents each - and you know how much they cost in shops.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page