The Hurt Locker-not to be missed!

(1/2) > >>

Stig(The):
One film not "to be missed" & very relevent in todays climate is out on DVD  & is:

THE HURT LOCKER

Based on the personal wartime experiences of journalist Mark Boal (who adapted his experiences with a bomb squad into a fact-based, yet fictional story), director Kathryn Bigelow's Iraq War-set action thriller THE HURT LOCKER presents the conflict in the Middle East from the perspective of those who witnessed the fighting first-hand -- the soldiers.

Tensely action-packed and muscularly directed by Kathryn Bigelow, this tale of an elite U.S. army bomb disposal unit in Baghdad is a familiar story in new clothes, targeted at the young male demographic

THE HURT LOCKER is a near-perfect movie about men in war, men at work. Through sturdy imagery and violent action, it says that even Hell needs heroes

peanut:
if you enjoyed The Hurt Locker you should check out

'The Kingdom'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Kingdom-DVD/dp/B000Z63YOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351343756&sr=8-1
Its about a team of elite FBI agents sent to Saudi to solve the mystery of a mass murder bombing on a US base .
brilliant movie with plenty of action and firefights .

and

'Kandahar break'
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003TFS8WA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Team of british mine clearance engineers working for the Taliban Government clearing mines in the Afgan desert

TheLoveDoc:
I didnt think much of it lol... the hurt locker i mean

dances with badgers:
saw that years ago lol.good film though

cardiffian:
Like you LoveDoc I didn't think too much of it. I don't think you are likely to get maverick bomb disposable guys these days. I believe they are psychologically profiled. The guy in the lead role was portrayed as a chancer and a bit mentally unstable if you ask me.

Anybody seen Body of Lies starring DeCaprio and Crowe? Good performance by a Brit Mark Strong as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page