Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beach sand scoop wanted?  (Read 11309 times)
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« on: May 18, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »

HELP!, I am wanting to buy a decent metal sand scoop, where can I get one and any recommendations please?, I want to buy a decent one, and I need to make the right choice!!, it has to be well built, strong, long lasting, and most of all it has to dig well and work.

I want a long handled metal beach scoop, I don't use eBay so rules that out I'm afraid. I have about £100 to spend.

I just can't seem to find one yet that I'm happy to buy?, or where to buy one from.

Anyone used the Minelab scoop with the 2 piece handle?, although I thought it doesn't look so well made?

Thanks guys for ANY help of info.
rich
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:29:53 AM »

Hi, I see that you are looking for a long handle sand scoop,
If you want to give me a call on 07908 673412 I can help you out.

Regards  Rich
Findmetoo

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »

Hi CZ Fisherman,

Look up sand scoop on Google and you will see a Russian Chap advertising a stainless steel models.  They are about £115.00 to buy and are really well made and and strong.  I have the Stavrscoop, Evroexcavator - 2 V.22  He is most helpful and nice fellow to deal with.  Only one thing, He doesn't have Paypal, but will supply you with a friends  bank address in Greece, which is how I paid for it.
Ray

Ray the ring finder
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:28:55 AM »

Ok thanks for the replies above, not sure what to think!, I have heard of this Russian guy and seen his scoops, and the other guy that left the number?, where are you based?
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »

Hi CZ Fisherman,

Look up sand scoop on Google and you will see a Russian Chap advertising a stainless steel models.  They are about £115.00 to buy and are really well made and and strong.  I have the Stavrscoop, Evroexcavator - 2 V.22  He is most helpful and nice fellow to deal with.  Only one thing, He doesn't have Paypal, but will supply you with a friends  bank address in Greece, which is how I paid for it.
Ray
That should be OK about not having paypal, as you say I can just do a direct bank transfer.

But do they come with a handle? if so fixed or removable?

Thanks for your kind help.
rich
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »

Hi my nae is Rich I live in the UK in Shropshire, I have just started making these sand scoops drop me a line.
Check out this link below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200753378401?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Findmetoo

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »

CZ Fisherman,
Don't you guys have Christian names !!!......?

Anyway I'm based in Llanmartin, S/Wales.  No handle is supplied from Russia as it comes in the post ! I just went to my local builders merchant and bought a nice strong Ash one, which I then sealed with wax. You can request a size diameter. when you order.  These are good for digging close to the water as the hole fills up with water quickly. Using a spade I couldn't dig fast enough being a pensioner. (74)
I would also ask Rich if he can make one the same shape as the Russian. Only my personal choice, as I haven't tried Rich's it might be better !
Ray

Ray the ring finder
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »

Hi, yeh I don't like the look of the square scoop!, not sure why, I'm used to seeing them roundish shaped!, maybe a reason why they are round and not square?,  looks like it would be hard work to use it, but OK I can't be sure as I have never used one like that, has anyone used a long handled square shaped scoop like that above?

Ok thanks guys, to be honest I know this may sound lazy but I can't be doing with having to buy a separate handle and having to spec the hole size!!.

I would prefer a round handle made from metal, either fixed or removable, doesn't matter.

I read that square handles make your hand hurt when digging?, I guess this could well be true.

Would love to find out if anyone has used the square shaped scoop though?, and how well does it work compared to a round shaped scoop.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:09:00 AM by CZFisher-man » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

My advise would be to get one with a removable handle, on the basis that it's an expensive piece of kit and if or when the handle gets dented it will bend quite easily given the strain it's put under and with a removable handle you will only have to replace the less expensive part.
rich
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »

Just read all of the above. So you are saying that you would be more interested in a round scoop with a round detachable handle ?.  I can make them that way Grin but like you say the handle won't be as strong  :'(and it will bend easier than the square one, but as you say it can be replaced if it get's to much of a bend in it. Huh
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »

My advise would be to get one with a removable handle, on the basis that it's an expensive piece of kit and if or when the handle gets dented it will bend quite easily given the strain it's put under and with a removable handle you will only have to replace the less expensive part.

I will take your advice and bear this in mind, that is a good point that you have mentioned and makes perfect sense.

Thanks.
bumpyjon

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »

Shame you want a long handled sand scoop as Maplins are doing one for £4.99
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »

Shame you want a long handled sand scoop as Maplins are doing one for £4.99

Hi, I already have one of those plastic scoops from Mapln, but yeh I still want to buy a decent long handled scoop, just can't find anywhere to easily buy a decent one!

topcat
Rally attendee

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

look on the minelab site one of the members makes them and they are good and strong and about £60 i think he is called iron mask i made my own from a utensal pot and a wooden handle and that worked ok in soft sand under water in Spain
CZFisher-man
Rally attendee

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »

look on the minelab site one of the members makes them and they are good and strong and about £60 i think he is called iron mask i made my own from a utensal pot and a wooden handle and that worked ok in soft sand under water in Spain

Ok, I'l have a look on the Minelab site, but I did actually send him a PM on another forum(UK metal detecting forum) but had no reply, unless he doesn't use that forum very often.

Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal