Fisher F75 v Teknetics T2: Whos the best? theres only one way to find out FIGHT!

<< < (2/12) > >>

PHIL YNYSBOETH:
I really like the F75 and i cant see the T2 is that differant but id still like to own one  but not at the Current  used Prices !

Jeb:
Having owned the two models ,i have had the F75 from when it was first introduced into the UK . The first batch came in & I was privileged to get one. And I still own one today .

The T2 was the first detector by First Texas to move away from the olde 1200 series type detector made famous by "Fisher" and the Bounty Hunter series of which they own. They decided to make an entirely new concept of detector of which they succeeded.
So first off the "First Texas production line came the "T2" .
This detector was light to swing and had a perfect balance about it. It is adequately deep and sensitive for a detector to be called i`d say three quarters of the way to becoming a top class detector.

Then came the Fisher F75 !
 This was a step up in the spec of the T2 . It was hardly worth bringing another clone in workings of a T2 was it ?
So they improved the sensitivity and gave  a few added improvements over the T2.
(of which have already been mentioned by Phil.)

As i said having had both the T2 And the F75 my conclusion is that the F75 is the better Detector .
The sensitivity is considerably higher than the T2 and can run very hot. This coupled with a lightning fast recovery speed makes the F75 a better choice than the Goldmaxx Power even (i`ve used and owned three of those by the way for up to 3 yrs,when they first came out )
The F75 is as fast as the GMP in recovery speed ,and can go far deeper in depth capability.

There`s not a lot to "fight" out with the comparison of a T2 and F75 ,as without doubt the F75 is the more " superior " detector ,in depth and sensitivity, both vital ingredients to obtain the title of top contender.

I have been lucky to own and use most of todays and past detectors.  My conclusion is out of all the detectors i`ve used in the past thirty odd years, the F75 is the best detector out there.
 The reason i say this is ,i`ve based my opinion on the "Over all " statistics about what a detector needs to be ,to be the most consistent & user friendly detector you can buy.
The F75 in my opinion ticks all the required boxes to meet the full requirements.

Its Light as a feather, Its perfectly balanced, its got very good depth seeking capability. Its VERY sensitive when the right mode is engaged, yet the sensitivity amount can vari according to the users needs.From Red hot ,to very cool.
 Its got only two things to adjust on it. A knob and a press button, if you don`t count the simple on off and volume knob.
 The user manual is pretty well self explanatory and if your pretty clued up on detector workings you should be using it proficiently within a month. If your a novice , there is settings on it that can be applied to get you going for a while to you become confident in it to start using other settings and experimenting with those.

The T2 is much the same . Its the same looking in shape but is coloured different. The same one knob and a button to use it is applied and its pretty well much the same theory in its menu ,less the additional items of course the F75 has on board.
 Both these detectors are i`d say highly under rated  and yet they are so user friendly and can give most of the so called top contender spot Detectors a good run for there money.
 I could own & use any detector out there going.. But!  I choose to still use the F75 as my primary detector.

Oh! and this thing about the Iron.
On the F75 if you use the All metal mode or the Discrim mode , Iron can easily be recognised by the Digital Numbers or the low grunts.
If the readout is under 18 and especially "9" its Iron and Iron can blast in at 99.
If your an experienced F75 user you don`t dig Iron. Its that simple.  You will recognise Iron by either numbers on your screen  or the Sounds.
I virtually never dig Iron .I`m not going to say never as i never say never "just in case" but i can say i virtually never dig Iron. Its so easy to recognise once you know what the F75 is telling you. Its all about knowing your detector.  If you don`t know what its "trying" to tell you you will dig Iron on any detector in fact that can tell you Iron is there..

Neil:
Interesting post gents - I am toying with trying a new manufacturer this year just for a change, but still keeping my arsenal of Minelabs.

How robust are they because remember when the T2 was launched there was loads returned due to it being quite fragile?

Neil

Jeb:
The T2 & the F75 IS NOT as Robust as the Minelabs thats for sure!  The trade off is weight !  If you want a detector thats built like a tank then the Minelabs are the boys. But the downside is carrying that weight.
Now as you get older you don`t want to be lugging a heavy detector around for hours on end.  Now i can swing the F75 around for hours with no trouble.  In the three years i`ve had an F75 i`ve never had anything break on it. That could be because i tend to respect my detector which cost a lot of money, so, it doesnt get slung into the boot or mishandled.  
I don`t molly coddle it when i use it but i respect it, and that line of thinking has  paid dividends over the last three years.

Ok the F75 just mightn`t get the depth the E trac or Explorers will, But its not that far behind them, and when you weigh up the pro`s n cons of them all, my edge in the statistics has to be towards the F75 given the OVERALL pluses & minus  .

This is not taking anthing away from the T2 i might add.
The T2 is in my opinion a very good detector  indeed.

saxonman:
TOTALLY AGREE WITH JEB,I HAVE THEM BOTH..THE F75 IS THE SUPERIOR OF THE TWO...T2 LTD SOUNDS INTERESTING THO....THE CONSCEPT IS THE SAME   BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT MACHINES.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page