Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night hawks in Ludlow not good news  (Read 5359 times)
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »

Thats a good idea,bequeathing collections to museums Cheff,
My detecting butty Derek had a vast collection of coins and artifacts some detected some bought from around the world, his wife cant bear to part with them and his daughter has already said they,ll be sold on her passing.

Im with you Paul its never going to stop coz like everthing else in broken britain on won wants to stick there noses out and sort it before its to last.
Its not a serious crime in my eyes, Form members might have feel differantly but  i feel the press should be highlighting more serious problems that affect more people than the odd detectorist and a few archys.

Ive detecting near and stayed in ludow and i should imagine this was front page news. and involved the serious crime quad  lol If they got time to waste maybe they could give the South Wales valleys police a hand.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »

If you remember, it was Ludlow Police and Coroner who brought that poor Woman to'Justice' for keeping 1 silver coin her Mom found in the garden.
How small minded is that Angry
From my recollection of living in the Ludlow area it was very exciting if someone got drunk Shocked

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 02:35:46 PM »

Hi Val

Thats exactly why i like my new address i love no excitement .
Few months ago 3 teenagers held up our local post office with a ww2 Mauser one stole from an house they,d broke into  Angry, but one of the thickos called another by his nick name in front of the frightened elderly post misstress and the police traces him to the street in front of me.
The armed responce where there all day and into the night and i couldn't get home to let my dog out and i was busting for the loo, after a while i told an Armed officer, give me a gun and i,ll shoot them myself    :Plol
Few months earlier the same thickos stole 2 motorbikes in one night and was syphoning petrol, one tank to another and it caught light and burnt the house down endangering 2 family's either side.

We had a club rally in Ludlow few months ago, the farmer had gone away for a weeks holiday and just left us to it, not a lock or guard dog anywhere.
I wouldn't leaves a rancid rat out around here incase someone stole it  
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »

your never going to stop nighthawking just as your never going to stop people taking drugs or stealing cars. the police are practicaly useless and the law is in favour of the crims especialy if they have a drug habit.

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

yep i remember  wondering on to one of my fields at night with the farmer in toe  and catching two night hawks i ended up hitting one and i got busted for it

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »

arr thats the trouble these days,  it can easily backfire on you doing the cops work for them,  you can easily be worse off  than the law breakers which then proberbly gives you a police record then  doh,

trojan

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »

making it a club hobby is pathetic in my opinion, as in what phil said, let clubs clear areas, no offence phile but what the hell is so special about clubs ...just a bunch of nerds sitting in a run down club or room showing off finds...great carry on, but please don't try to push the club forward as the means to running the metal detecting world, as many of us do not join clubs and totally despise them, as they are full of jealous nerdy i know it all type of people
   further more all this rubbish talk of i have land and its my land my farm etc is total rubbish, its NOT YOUR land at all, its the farmers, and if there are nighthawks on a farmers land, tell him, and if hes bothered about it then he will do something about it, its not your place to dictate what happens on private land, you are just a guest who has permission to walk and detect on private land
   Also i detect at night too, does that make me a night hawker , i do the beaches around 11pm to 2 am and sometimes on warm summer nights ill do farm land late at night too....why Huh because i want to, its that simple, so again am i a night hawker....after reading many posts on forums, and looking at forums from clubs etc, ive come to the conclusion that's its not just night hawkers causing the hobby problems, its 95% of the detectorists on these forums, all they do is moan , complain, cry , bitch and slag off other peoples detectors, you are the problem for future detectoring, its gonna come to a point where farmers simply say, you people are more trouble than you are worth, get off my land and don't come back...this will spread throughout the farming community and then ur all screwed

E-Track CTX 3030
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 09:02:42 AM »

Chillax buddy !
Im sorry you experance of clubs have been a bad one. i take it your not a mixer ?
Why detect at night ? christ knows its hard enough in the day time.
Ohh well each to theyre own but if i ever see a detectorist detecting at 2.00am in a field I,ll be st8 on the blower to the ole bill and id find the land owner  Grin
trojan

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »

i detect at night mainly in the summer periods im blond and fair skinned and burn badly, so when its a blazing hot day, i dont enjoy detecting, so i prefere to detect at night when its cooler, the land i go on is partly my own land and some farm land i have permission to be on, and as for beaches, i don't like to detect in the day time when people are on the beach, as it makes me feel wrong somehow lol, so i wait for the beaches to empty and go late evening / early mornings depending on the tides.
ive been detecting since i was 8 years old and i joined a club when i was 13 and it was horrible, the people there were nasty spiteful people that would stab you in the back as soon as look at you. i was on a field and found a gold half sov and a few silver vicy coins, and i took them to the club for the find of the month and some guy was there that detected the same farm, few days later i went to the farm again, and the farmer stopped me and said he had received a complaint from a guy that i was throwing stones at his livestock, and i wasn't allowed back on the farm, this fat baldy detectorist went and lied to the farmer just to get me thrown off so he could detect the fields on his own

E-Track CTX 3030
Hawkeye

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 10:13:41 AM »

i use to live in ludlow most the local criminals use metal detectors as a cover to eye up farms etc to rob,makes me sick as i go out at night now and again with permission.nighthawks leave my permission fields in a right mess so i try to catch them in the act but they usually run off .
trojan

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »

its a problem that wont go away, unless awareness is made of it, but as detectorists we are on a fine line, between nighthawkers and do gooders who want to stop us digging up the past so what can be done, personally if i saw someone detecting a protected site or on a farm late at night and i know they dont have permission to be there i would smash their detector over their heads and give them a good kicking, and i doubt they would report it as they are already breaking the law that carries a heavy penalty for stealing from protected sites, if you know a nighthawker then name and shame them
or simply monitor them and call the police, and to make sure the police respond say it looks like they have a gun in a public place, as its at night ur eyesight may not be the best lol ...

E-Track CTX 3030
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »

It's a crying shame that all clubs aren't like this one. Grin There are all sorts here. Young and old, rich and poor, nerds and Dumbo's, honest and dishonest. The nice thing is, we all have our say and no one takes too much offence. A truly democratic club.
I'm guessing I know which club you joined Trojan and I'll name no names. My impressions where the same. Very much a 'closed circle' If you voiced your opinions there you would be asked to leave. Shocked
It's also a shame that those of us who are enjoying an honest hour or two have to worry about what people think. I should feel as comfortable detecting as I do walking my dogs - but I don't. Embarrassed
Why all this hoo-ha about a few coins when there are Pirates holding the world to ransom and murderers and rapists walking free. Not to mention 'possible' terrorists getting millions in compensation for having their thumbs screwed Shocked Well it brings to mind that verse 'The Lord would weep, and well He might, to see the world in such a plight.
By the way, I never locked my doors when I lived in Ludlow.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal