Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost engagement ring on Port Eynon beach  (Read 33309 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 08:46:22 AM »

The other unthinkably option is that he's an opportunist and has no intention of giving up 'his' precious.
I certainly hope not.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
bgd
Rally attendee

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »

Well, I hope he's at least going to tell us if the ring was indeed found or if this was a joke... if he's got the ring, maybe I could convince him to "give it up", since the it's value is nothing compared to the sentimental value to us..
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »

Oldswinger's post was slightly ironic given the nature of his one and only previous post Roll Eyes
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »

Some clarification oldswinger please, as to whether its been found or not. I'm taking a group down there on Tue to look if it still there?

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »

Some clarification oldswinger please, as to whether its been found or not. I'm taking a group down there on Tue to look if it still there?
    Good luck to you all on the search and it  makes me proud to be A member of  Detecting Wales when I see how much help and information is offered via   the forum to members, and the public  who request help   Wink
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »

Thats a pretty sick joke for Oldswinger to play, I hope he does say one way or
the other whether he's found it or not. Sorry bgd, I really do hope that you get
some good news soon

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

Seems we have more than one sneaky snake lurking in the undergrowth. Angry 
There are many other descriptions I could use but this is a 'family forum' and I don't see the need for bad language, it serves no purpose other than to bring one down to the level of your opponent.

I sincerely hope that BGD will not judge us all by this mans actions and that the ring is found.

Val

StumbledUpon

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 03:48:36 PM »

What an awful thing to say for the person who has lost the ring and the people giving up their time to look for it! I hope that one us finds it on Tuesday and it can be returned!
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »

Mike, my take on that persons comments is that he is, once again, having a knock and hasn't been near Port Eynon.
Have a good day, all who go, and fingers crossed.

Val

bgd
Rally attendee

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »

@Val: are you kidding? I am amazed and really pretty speechless about how helpful, friendly and unselfish the guys&gals in this forum are... And I do have a guilty conscience about being so far away from you all and simply 'watching' (yeah, to top it, sometimes even unpatiently!!) the search-action, not even being able to help somehow...

Immediately after losing the ring, we went on the beach again and went through the whole area with a strainer - and it was amazing how many people came over, asked what we've lost and started searching with us. I have to say, after spending some time in this forum, I'm slowly getting the impression that all welsh people are that friendly and ready to help and that's really humbling.

A big thank You!
alun

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »

Missed all of this  Shocked If I can get the gist of it oldswinger had found the ring, ten deleted post?? Undecided
Pretty sus maddening at the best  Sad

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »

I can't believe that a member of this forum (oldswinger) has falsely claimed to have found the ring.

I saw the post which has now been deleted, which to me had a facetious tone in the first place, almost implying (to my mind) that he had found it and would keep it.

It appears likely that, as Val says, he has never been near the place and was simply causing trouble.

I would like to reassure Andrei that this idiot is an exception. Every detectorist I know is always willing to help someone find a lost valuable and return it. It's something I have done on several occasions.

Can I suggest to admin that oldswinger is banned from the forum because of his irresponsible and hurtful post?
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »

...also if he has found it, knows the owner and refuses to return it, then this would amount to the criminal act of theft by finding!
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »

BGD,  be aware that not all who detect in Wales belong to this Forum. It is likely that a non member has detected that beach since you were there and your ring may already be gone.
However, rest assured that the Guys that go on Tuesday will do their very best for you. I hope they find it, I really do.

As for the comments of a certain person, I wouldn't put much faith in what he said. He joined the Forum in March with one thing in mind and that was the only time we have heard from him. Lets hope we never hear from him again. Yes, we are a friendly crowd and quite a few of us have stepped forward to help members of the public with various problems and will continue to do so.

Val

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »

the person is just a trouble maker if you remember my controversial post on chancers a while back they piped up then and had a rant,should be called oldtosser and banned from site.if we get their i.p adress it would be good too. Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal