Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eagle eye pinpoint probe review  (Read 2618 times)
welshdigger

« on: August 12, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

hi guys and gals ive only recently got into metal detecting but thought i would have to write this review on the eagle eye pinpiont probe that retails at £29.

http://www.staffsmetaldetectors.co.uk/pinpoint_probe.htm

after looking at the garrett pinpointers on youtube i was very impressed and thought it was a must!
then i came across the eagle eye pinpoint and thought id scrimp on the price abit and give it a try..... and what a waste of time it was!
these things are cheap usless chinese bits of plastic in my opinion.
on getting a good signal i started to dig.. when the hole was opened up i stuck the eagle eye into the hole and scanned around and nothing? scanned what i had pulled out of the ground and nothing?
but when i tilted it at an angle into the corner of the hole the 2nd time it started to beep so i dug a litle further.
once again it started to beep when it was put into the corner of the hole?
after 10 mins of beeping and scuffiling about in the hole i put the eagle eye at a simular angle but not in the hole or near anything metal and sure enough it goes beep? this could be loose wire or connection inside but also i noticed if you put the smallest ammount of pressure on the probe it goes beep. so when you stick it in the hole and it beeps you think your close but your way off :-(
there was a 20p piece in the hole that i found a few mins later but it was no where near where the probe was saying?
i wish i had buried the eagle eye in the hole that i filled back in but my mate said he would buy it off me to take apart and try and fix it/mod it ? why i dont know? lol
i only wish i had listened to the people in the know from the start and gone for the garrett but i thought id try and save a few quid but ive learnt my lesson on this one. you might have a good deal but will end up out of pocket in the long run.
so if anyone is thinking of getting a pinpointer i would chuck another £60 to the £29 the eagle eye probes sell for go for the garrett all day!

hope this helps an newcomers to metal detecting like myself.
thanks
 Grin

minelab etrac newbie
garrett pro pointer
lil yellow shovel
4 pack of red bull
 http://s1124.photobucket.com/profile/welshdigger1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal