Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new permission challenging ground and a time limit  (Read 1756 times)
chantalpoole

« on: July 01, 2014, 10:50:49 AM »

Have been given permission to detect an area that has incredible historical significance by the owners who are moving in 6 weeks time (the house is under offer).Problem is the field is full of meadow grass 2 foot high.
The landowners are hoping the grass will be cut (the wifes father is a farmer and might take the grass before they move)
and that would be ideal however, if the grass isnt cut does anyone have any hints or tips on detecting long grass.
Iv seen threads where people use carpets or stamp the grass down as you go ect. Has anyone been in a situation with long grass and a timescale which stops them waiting until the grass has died off.
The land has never been detected and i only got the permission due to my mother in law turning out to be the owners good friend.Theres certainly no guarantee i will be able to detect on it after the land is sold.

started detecting nov 2013
3 x hammy
6 x rings (1 gold 3 silver)
2 x romans
10 x full silver coins
92g of silver
1 x trade weight
a million odds n sods
and a bucket of scrap

it was this or prozac
david995

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

Hi chantal

The farmer who is potentialy cutting it for hay or silage wont be to chuffed if you flatten it,  why not ask him when he intends to cut it,  he may be cutting it soon then problem goes away ?

finds 2014/15/16

silver hammered x 83
milled silver x 89
 roman coins x 6
rings 14 ...4 gold
carling2

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 12:14:43 PM »

I really wouldent advise trying to detect long grass , if you could get it flat enough and the farmer don't throw a wobbly over it , you would still short change yourself on finds as flat grass will just put more obstacles between coil and the goodies and with such dry conditions at the mo we need all the help we can get ,, and amen to that Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:18:45 PM by carling2 » Logged
chantalpoole

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »

hi, owners dont care about the field,it came with the house but they dont use it hence the long grass.its about 4 acres in size .
hopefully it will get cut in the next couple of weeks but if it doesnt then its going to be a real challenge.
Normally i wouldnt bother detecting a field full of grass but its the only chance ill get to detect it and the site goes back to the dark ages with very historically significant activity.

started detecting nov 2013
3 x hammy
6 x rings (1 gold 3 silver)
2 x romans
10 x full silver coins
92g of silver
1 x trade weight
a million odds n sods
and a bucket of scrap

it was this or prozac
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »

look out for snakes and good luck

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
adt69

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »

I bet the ground will be very hard to dig after all this sun and no rain we ave had, I would wait until it gets a littlesofter to dig, I went on the army camp the other day I gave up after my secou d signal due to the ground being like rock.
Al
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

Have been given permission to detect an area that has incredible historical significance by the owners who are moving in 6 weeks time (the house is under offer).Problem is the field is full of meadow grass 2 foot high.
The landowners are hoping the grass will be cut (the wifes father is a farmer and might take the grass before they move)
and that would be ideal however, if the grass isnt cut does anyone have any hints or tips on detecting long grass.
Iv seen threads where people use carpets or stamp the grass down as you go ect. Has anyone been in a situation with long grass and a timescale which stops them waiting until the grass has died off.
The land has never been detected and i only got the permission due to my mother in law turning out to be the owners good friend.Theres certainly no guarantee i will be able to detect on it after the land is sold.

Get a sit on mower and cut it, Roll Eyes buy a rake and bag it up,  Shocked water it well to soften it up  Cool And if you still have enough time and energy Detect it and reap the rewards  Wink joking aside good luck and look forward to your finds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal