Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Every place tells a story  (Read 1686 times)
waltonbasinman
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »

I was out today scouting for new land a bit closer to home. Chatted to a few landowners and got permission at two places which left me pleased. Whilst out i decided to investigate some supposed battle sites that had recently come to my attention. Unfortunately the landowners were not available at two of the farms as they had gone to market but after speaking to their wives they said it was fine if i had a look around and see if anything became immediately obvious. I was to phone later in the week in the evening and they would be expecting me. Great all round result. While looking around the one thing that did strike me is how many unrecorded houses with small attached plots were around. In half an hour I found ten. Below is a picture of one of them probably 17 or 18 century but a real picture of life on the edge a couple of hundred years ago. Would any body think places like this would be worth detecting.
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »

Nah wouldn't bother detecting there, where is it?  Cheesy
waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:36:41 PM »

On the edge of the Begwyns near Painscastle.
hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »

I know Paul , it was an attempt at humour which obviously i'm not very good at. As a site it's perfect for detecting, although on the outside it may look a couple of hundred years old (at that date you are likely to find nice silver and gold) it may predate that by some time, the evidence isn't always there until you start detecting.
That is what I like about detecting, it's putting all of the clues together, i.e. dating buckles ,coins , horse shoes. It may be there is little to find , but being on a deserted remote spot like the Begwyns , where would you keep your money?
waltonbasinman
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »

Very good point Steve. Did you get my email.
simon c

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »

Sites like that can be very good Paul,But if your useing the Quatro you may find it hard going,these sites are very iron infested work very slow and try and pick out the good signals in-between the iron,but as Steve say's they can produce some nice finds. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal