Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New roman complex discovered  (Read 4838 times)
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« on: August 09, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »

Click link to read about new discovery.....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23628630

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »

Thanks for posting that DM and Val did you read that? Pembrokeshire....see there was someone there Grin
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »

just wish google earth was updated more frequently, with the weather we been having it would be so much easier to spot stuff.

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »

Yes, I did read it Geoff. I know they were here. Trouble is they were only passing through.
Thanks Discrim me for posting. I wish the same. Google could be such a useful tool if it was up-to-date.
There was a program on BBC 2 a few nights ago about the wonderful discoveries made by an American lady Archie. Dr.Sarah Parcak using enhanced aerial images of Egypt. As soon as the program had finished I dived at the comp. and Google Earth. Needless to say my images were nothing like hers. Wish they were.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »

yes val they reckon the woman who uses google has found loads more possible tombs.

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »

I personally take my hat off to you Val for your dogged determination and if anyone deserves to find a hoard it's definitely you. Where do they grow those world famous Pembrokeshire potatoes? can't you get permission to search on one of those farms?
I don't think the Romans just "passed through" anywhere, they were here for nearly 400 years, that's the difference in time between us and Charles I. Yes there may be far fewer settlements in your area but I just get the feeling that it's all too deep, maybe it's time to keep an eye on the planning permissions in the local paper and do some ambulance chasing for permissions on ground that's being disturbed.
 Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »

I've had exactly the same thought Geoff.  I know of one field that has permission for 36 houses and last week I heard of another that may be developed for Industrial units. As they are both close I make a point of walking the dogs along a track that dissects them so I can keep a eye on them so I can pounce and do a twilight shift when the diggers move in.
As for Pembrokeshire potato fields. What were you saying about multi frequency machines. Hopefully as the winter approaches I might get around that new farm I told you about. I hate cows except when they're tucked up nice and dry in a barn. Grin Dairy farms are the pits.

Val

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

Ah hoisted by my own petard...damn!
ye but, ye but, ye but..at least with potatoes fields the depth is coming to you rather than you trying to reach it. I guess the dream site would be an recently ex-potato growing farm Undecided
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:35 PM »

Talking of the dry spell, I had an eyes only experience last week.  A big old field not far from home was ploughed and grass seeded this year. I know from local research it was an open cast mine area in the early 1800's so haven't taken too much notice of it.
BUT ,,,, walking along the lane and passing gate-ways, as you do, Jackie dog stopped to have a sniff at one and looking off to the other side of the valley I was amazed to see in that field, which had been ALL nice and green, a long yellow bleach mark and towards the bottom a couple of smallish yellow rectangles with a narrow yellow path mark going across the field to the lane. It was like looking through the looking glass into the past.
I know from the size that the bigger rectangle was probably a cottage and the smaller one a barn and from experience I know not worth detecting but how amazing is that. I didn't know there was anything there from the old maps. Just goes to show, you never know.

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal