Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Archaeological site ?  (Read 9964 times)
ctx3030

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »

In that area there are iron mines and lime kilns all over the place I have detected very close to your farm ,and nothing of real note has been found,although several very early bronze age burial mounds,abound  good luck with your searching,we may meet as I still occasionly detect that area , regards John
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »

In that area there are iron mines and lime kilns all over the place I have detected very close to your farm ,and nothing of real note has been found,although several very early bronze age burial mounds,abound  good luck with your searching,we may meet as I still occasionly detect that area , regards John

Look forward to seeing you around,I'm gonna be there all day Sunday on the top fields gonna be checking out them footings especially.   Wink
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:26:26 PM by Discrim-Me » Logged

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »

Hopefully i'll be testing out a home-made resistivity probe in the next couple of weeks - around some old abandoned roman (and later) lead mines - there are plenty of lumps and bumps in 'my' field too!

I spend ages looking at aerial photos, but you can convince yourself something is there when it is just fairy rings or the way the farmer has rolled the field.
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »

I spend ages looking at aerial photos, but you can convince yourself something is there when it is just fairy rings or the way the farmer has rolled the field.

Agreed prob,  if you spend long enough you can defiantly start seeing things Shocked I keep seeing sesame street characters...  Grin

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal