Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: What"s The Latest On The Bulgarian Bliss Detector?  (Read 12765 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »

it was a heated discussion to begin with ,,its bound to grow and mutate  Grin Grin

Don't be negative, Paul!

The Deus is probably the best detector I have ever used......BUT, it has taken a long time to learn it
and what works best, where.

In fairness, Relics ALL METAL program is excellent but I prefer it using 12KHz and recovery speed 1 for the
depth.  BUT, I know that with deep stuff you must ignore jumpy numbers and some can give an irony tone.

It's all a case of knowing your machine.

As to the BLISS, yes, I like that as well.........but I'm still learning it. Per se, it is DEEP, but it's knowing how to
keep it stable and how you like it.

The big negative for me with the Minelabs is the weight.........and that CTX looks good and it may be well balanced.......BUT, 5 odd pounds of weight will tell after an hour or two.

Paul.........you amaze me how you detect with the ET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I look forward to meeting up again some time.  Smiley

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

your welcome anytime bob,,as stated in my last few posts i aint attacking anyone or any tecter ,,juat stating the world according to nfl Grin Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

your welcome anytime bob,,as stated in my last few posts i aint attacking anyone or any tecter ,,juat stating the world according to nfl Grin Grin

In my book, 'NFL' stands for No Funds Left..................so I know you'll be sticking with the ET.  Grin Grin Grin

My advice is simple.............if you are finding stuff on a regular basis with your machine, whatever it is,
why change?

I have a friend who uses the Explorer 11 and has found two staters and loads of other stuff....
another swears his XS is the best Minelab ever made and is deeper than an ET he owned.....
another has The Teknetics Omega 8000 (his second machine) and is ALWAYS finding stuff where other machines on the same rally find nowt!

The common thing with the three of them is they have had their machine quite a while and know how to use it and get the best of it.

My personal view is that there is no machine that does it all.

I like the Deus cause it's light, fast, versatile, and nice to use.............but that's my choice. I know another who
is a BIG Minelab user that loves the BLISS v3 but REALLY dislikes the Deus (says it's not deep!).

It's a good job we're all different as we'd all be wearing the same colour clothes and with the same machine............how boring!  Shocked

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:37:51 PM by rjm » Logged

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »

yep ,weve all just got to learn to p**s in the same pot ,,were all tectin for various reasons but the outcome is the same  Wink

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:58 AM »

i dont care what tecters u got i still get more gold lol because i dig thousands of holes a week lol like a demented obsessed mole lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
bajero

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »

Hey sounds like a good machine and i also like the look of the new minelab; but bottom line is, regardless of what machine u use (cheap and nasties aside), u have to know ur tector but most importantly have confidence in ur tector (which is only achieved from putting in the hours) .It's no good going out thinking 'what if i took the Deus instead of the minelab or possibly the bliss, would i be finding more hmmm!!!'
We know that certain machines perform better under different conditions ,but i guess what i'm trying to say is regardless of what u r using, if u put in the hours and have confidence u will  be more focused and will find more ,lose that confidence and instead of tectin ur mind is elsewhere.
So stick to what works best for ourselves and lets enjoy hearing of successful hunts and constructive field tests(thanks to the lads that do take the time to provide us with the info) ain't no point in slating others opinions or machines, we should all be able to make up our own minds and get on with it.
Soz if slightly off topic... Roll Eyes
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 08:33:22 AM »

An excellent post Bajero and I couldn't agree more. I think many of us have had that "uncomfortable" feeling of using a new machine and wondering if you're usual detector would be finding more, you end up not thinking about what your finding, only imagining what you may be missing.
As you say having confidence in your machine, learning it's "language" and knowing it's limitations and being comfortable with them, equals detecting happiness. Wink
Dusty

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »

Is there really that much difference between detectors costing £800> anyway or is it clever marketing?

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »

An excellent post Bajero and I couldn't agree more. I think many of us have had that "uncomfortable" feeling of using a new machine and wondering if you're usual detector would be finding more, you end up not thinking about what your finding, only imagining what you may be missing.
As you say having confidence in your machine, learning it's "language" and knowing it's limitations and being comfortable with them, equals detecting happiness. Wink

oh i can vouch for that geoff , the first 6/7 trips with the explorer drove me nuts all those tones and crazy noices , especially after using a single tone silent running machine for years .

then after a lot of help from the maestro (chef) the penny dropped and the good finds started to come , even found my first gold coin  Wink Wink Wink (sorry mate Smiley )   now im hooked on my machine and very happy with it .

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
bajero

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »

Cheers for the above chef and for refining the point i was trying to make Wink ....and as the old saying goes 'it ain't wot u got, but the way that u use it'!!!! Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal