Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales.com Rally 72 - Fossils, Vessicas and Streakers!  (Read 22924 times)
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »

Great report Neil Wink Wow some very nice items came to light, well done all Wink
jtalbot0001

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »

That was a great read Neil, well done! Some fantastic finds too! I think we can sometimes take for granted the amount of time and effort it takes to write a report like that and put the pictures up, and I'm sure all would agree that even if we don't always mention it, we appreciate all the hard work and effort put into every report written. A great day once again, and as I said before several years ago, I couldn't have found some of the fantastic finds I have found if it wasn't for Detectingwales, so thank you!! Thanks to all that organise these Rallies!! Jon.

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »

Thanks for a great day again fellas and a great report Neil. This rally is going to be a hard one to beat,
as far as finds go.This years rallies have been nothing short of magnificent considering the weather
that we've had and it's all down to the hard work of a great bunch of guys. The camaraderie amongst everybody makes every rally a day to look forward to and I personally can't wait for the next one. This year I've noticed that all the farmers have been really friendly and welcoming, has this always been the case with DW rallies ?.
                                             Yesterday it was with great pleasure that I was presented with "THE ORDER OF THE LIGHTBULB " by our very own TAFF LAFF ,who I'm sure stepped in for some famous person to present me with the award [ never mind he tried his best, but he should have practised his speech a bit more ] Now i'll be able to have letters after my name no BSc . or MBE for me
I'll have TOOTL after mine. I'm sorry that there was no time to give a speech yesterday, as I'm sure you would have rathered listened to me for a couple of hours , than swing away in the fields.
                                               So I'd like to thank my wife, my family,the midwife who delivered me, my parents, the bloke who took my money on the Severn Bridge,and the lady who served me with a happy meal at Mc Dougles.

* 20140217_210733.jpg (76.97 KB, 689x1224 - viewed 1013 times.)

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »

I've just noticed there were two whole barrel taps come up and I saw two broken ones, they sure knew how to keep their workers happy back then Wink
hoarder
Rally attendee

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »

great report neil apart from the bit where you said " 4 lads from plymouth came up on their 1st DW rally "

sandy & james were on their 1st DW rally,myself and mickyV were on our 3rd.just for the record  Smiley

just had some info on the vessica seal that sandy found it says " Seal of ROGERI HUET "

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:04:55 PM by hoarder » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »

What a cracking day you all had! Well pleased for you all, great finds, well searched and a bit jealous  Wink
gijan

my sir garret can find it ...yes he can

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »

fab dig once again dw....lots of fab finds...chats..laughs...great company....didn,t detect much as the fossils got my full attention....amazing finds...the farmers wife walked with us while we detected she was so into our hobby that she is going 2 upgrade her sons machine...[maybe she,l upgrade 2a garrett.}.great 2c the new born lambs...must return guys so much land as usual fab dig.....gi.jan x rollingstones63.. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

my sir garret can find it ..yes he can...
pulltabpaul
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »

loads of cracking finds well done all Wink
8 1/2 Carat gold

No no

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 11:06:15 PM »

Had a smashing  day Neal  many thanks to good bunch of boy s very nice wright up can't wait for next rally  Smiley Smiley

Smiley)
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 11:08:53 PM »

Thanks for a great day again fellas and a great report Neil. This rally is going to be a hard one to beat,
as far as finds go.This years rallies have been nothing short of magnificent considering the weather
that we've had and it's all down to the hard work of a great bunch of guys. The camaraderie amongst everybody makes every rally a day to look forward to and I personally can't wait for the next one. This year I've noticed that all the farmers have been really friendly and welcoming, has this always been the case with DW rallies ?.
                                             Yesterday it was with great pleasure that I was presented with "THE ORDER OF THE LIGHTBULB " by our very own TAFF LAFF ,who I'm sure stepped in for some famous person to present me with the award [ never mind he tried his best, but he should have practised his speech a bit more ] Now i'll be able to have letters after my name no BSc . or MBE for me
I'll have TOOTL after mine. I'm sorry that there was no time to give a speech yesterday, as I'm sure you would have rathered listened to me for a couple of hours , than swing away in the fields.
                                               So I'd like to thank my wife, my family,the midwife who delivered me, my parents, the bloke who took my money on the Severn Bridge,and the lady who served me with a happy meal at Mc Dougles.
anyone else you need to mention mate pmsl

the mighty xp Deus
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »

Well done on your silver thimble JCB, people have detected for many of years, and yet to find the silver one, tick it of the list mate Wink
Youngsmiler
Rally attendee

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 11:30:51 PM »

Are all the rallies like that ?...great.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:17 PM »

Are all the rallies like that ?...great.

Look back at the last few rally reports, DW has had some great finds this year on rallys Wink
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »

well done all ....some really nice finds there yet again  Smiley

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »

Some fantastic finds there, and some cracking fossils! Well done everyone and a great write up.

XP Deus user

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal