Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!  (Read 2495 times)
diggaduff

Xp Deus user

« on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:21 AM »

Hi all, thought I would try my Deus with the 13" coil out on the beach for the first time last night, wish I hadn't now , having gone from a sovereign to a Deus I was hoping it would perform  ok but didn't think it would match the sovereign, I had no end of problems put it on Wet Beach ground balance on Auto and it just chattered all the time, tried all the other frequencies lowered the sensitivity, has any body had this problem, any help on this would be great or what settings you use, this machine works well in the field so I now it's human error or hope so  Grin

Life's about getting Hammered                                               Pembrokeshire Searchers
bristolminelab
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »

this guy has done a few tests hope it helps
XP Deus Beach Settings
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:41 AM »

You will find it very hard to beat the minelab sovereign elite on dry / wet beach, I would think my own opinion for what it is worth, you'd be better detecting beaches with sov- leave the Deus for fresh plough and wet pasture.

I tried my Deus on the beach a couple of years ago and yes just a awful noise  Grin Grin

I noticed on the film the guy putting what looked to be a coin in the wet sand. If I would advise peeps who wish to experiment on wet / dry sand to put your objects in a plastic finds bag and tie some string to it, its not that easy especially in loose dry sand to find a coin your experimenting with, or worse an article of jewelery.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:57:03 AM by outlaw » Logged
diggaduff

Xp Deus user

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »

Thanks both, I'm starting to seriously  think  I may need to look at getting a secondhand elite  Cry

Life's about getting Hammered                                               Pembrokeshire Searchers
musket ball

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »

never used the Deus but my experience on the beach and land is you wont go wrong with a sov gt.found me some nice goodies at great depths.

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
musket ball

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

any luck with the beach settings

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 10:47:58 PM »

Hi all, thought I would try my Deus with the 13" coil out on the beach for the first time last night, wish I hadn't now , having gone from a sovereign to a Deus I was hoping it would perform  ok but didn't think it would match the sovereign, I had no end of problems put it on Wet Beach ground balance on Auto and it just chattered all the time, tried all the other frequencies lowered the sensitivity, has any body had this problem, any help on this would be great or what settings you use, this machine works well in the field so I now it's human error or hope so  Grin
Deus.....No.......Sovereign yes for beach........end of,no comparison never will be. Got them both tried them both. Both machines superb in their own right.  Wink Wink Wink Wink and I love them both , now it they mated their babies would be interesting Roll Eyes Huh Shocked
diggaduff

Xp Deus user

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »

Hi musket ball, no luck yet and have trawled the internet got one lot of settings but I'm not holding my breath, just annoying having to think after spending so much on the Deus you have to fork out on another machine  Angry

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »

I sometimes feel like John the Baptist "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness" lol,
The Deus while being a topflight machine doesn't work like one on the beach, yes it has a beach setting so does the Xterra and that's rubbish on the beach too, I've said it before it's a bit like putting flat packed furniture together with a butter knife...yes you can do it but it's a damn site easier and better if you use a screwdriver Wink
Sovereign for beaches and deep pasture every time.........................
musket ball

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »

and i was humming and haring about getting one to geoff.im staying with gt.

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »

"Flat packed furniture with a butter Knife" Have you been spying on me Huh Huh Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »

No but should see me buttering bread with a spanner Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal