Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Out on a new farm today  (Read 1310 times)
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« on: June 07, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »

Finally got out detecting today after nearly drowning with taff laff(Rob) yesterday.
Got to the farm just before 10.00 am got changed and off first signal a great condition farthing about 1900. went a bit further and another coin George 3 this time. then musket balls buttons and a few more pennies and half pennies, when I looked up I noticed in the distance was a 4x4 parked up. I walked towards the car hoping it was the farmer as up until now I have only talked to him on the telephone. As I got near, the farmer launched himself out of the cab run over Shocked I said his name and mine he held his hand out to shake it, (thank god for that I thought he was about to attack me). Roll Eyes
We had a chat and he asked what I had found, gave him the farthing, george pennies, buttons, musket balls he was very impressed and offered them back I declined said you keep them, he was so chuffed he then said I can detect on his other farm as well and go where and when I want. Grin Grin Grin
In total just under 500 acres and he is going to ask his farther if I can go on the other land as well.
What a result me and taff’s got enough land now until we retire. Grin Grin Grin Tongue
so the moral of the story give the farmer some of your finds he might suprise you.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:36:56 PM by Gadget(Ian) » Logged

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »

Good result all round. Happy farmer, happy detectorists  Grin Forecast for today was worse than yesterday. Glad you didn't drown again today!
sodbuster
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »

Good policy that !   The farmers are genuinely interested in what has happened on their land , thats usually why they let you on there in the first place .
                     I found a horse brass with somebodies initials carved into it , when I asked the farmer if the initials had any significance to him , he told me his grandfather used to look after the shires ( horses ) when he was a lad and the initials where his . . He still has the horse brass pinned on the old stables door .  
waltonbasinman
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »

Well done Ian. Giving the Hobby a good Image can only be a good thing. Glad you had a good day. How come you ain,t had the rain I,ve had. It has hammered down all day.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal