Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Four Rooksbridge 02/05/09. Hammeredfest!  (Read 29847 times)
waltonbasinman
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

The mighty One and his commander in chief set the boundaries whilst the enthralled masses look on.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »

Neil recording finds. Good Man.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »

Kev, have you got any cider. No sorry Adie but if you borrow Tafflaff your headphones you will see them on E bay next week. Week after he might buy you some cider when he realises that they were yours. Hee Hee.  Grin Grin
jaydogg
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »

Man, what a good rally.  I’m surprised at the amount of quality finds, especially as I was waiting a long time between signals but hey ho.  Thanks to Neil, Geoff (with his tasty cakes) and Taff for the event, even if I do have a crispy and burned neck as a result.  My only find of note was the William III shilling, which Mark instantly noticed as a Bristol mint type, is rarer than usual.  I hope everyone had a good day. 
Mark

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »

What a superb day and without a doubt Detecting Wales most prolific rally to date, surprised more people didn’t turn up tho.  Well done to Rob for providing the location and the Detecting Wales team for their usual efforts.  Saw some great finds so well done to everyone who found something interesting.   Cool Cool

Omnia explorate; meliora retinete (BTKG)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »

The george II penny I found.

The photo does not do it justice - ask Jaydogg as he wanted to swap it for the William III Shilling he had found at one point! Wink

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »

More finds from the rally . . .

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »

More

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »

more

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »

some more

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

ancientpat

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »

Great rally again thanks to all the organisers, my only complaint I didn't get a bit of Geoffs birthday cake!! Did anyone find a buckle in a plastic money bag lost by the " Jinx " Barrie listed in Neils pictures.

Pat. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »

heyyy some nice finds there, lovely coins too,  must be good soil conditions judging by the condition on the georgian and bronzes ect

Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

what can i say left my flat at 7-00am on sat went to pick up JONOLA at 7-20am headed down to risca to meet up with DIG IT (ADE). we went in dig it car left at 7-50am, on the way down the three of us were talking detecting stuff also having a giggle at JONOLA story when he went detecting in a ancient wood which he will put on this site soon Grin i think anyway !!!. we arrived at the rally site opened the car doors and it just hit us THE PLACE STUNK Grin as Neil has explained Grin the rest is history guys the rally was another great success thanks to the organized and really great job by the 3 amigos GEOFF NEIL TAFF.good finds ,great weather great camaraderie by everyone.just like to say nice to meet up with the guys i meet before WALTONBASINMAN,TAFF, IAN,(gadget) ,MELONHEAD,PETERH(doc) sorry if iv left anybody out !!. and nice to meet for the first time was DATA311(alan),DEBBIE, ONEHORSE-AL..................................P.S. TOUCHING MOMENT OF THE DAY WAS not my hammered i found it was TAFF giving me 4 cheese and branston pickle rolls ;)for me lending my headphones to him on the rally before. thanks for the cake to GEOFF..........GREAT RALLY AT ROOKSBRIDGE
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »

Here is my find of the day
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3314/3496895957_7317f6a7cd.jpg/img]

I think its a medieval Beltt slide or mount. My first anyway so well pleased.
Al Smiley Smiley

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »

AL the photo as not come out m8   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal