Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anchored to base  (Read 4695 times)
Christoph1945
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »

Thanks Dancer, she is slowly picking up now and I was able to drive her and her cousin to the MU game today. Mind you, after the way MU played, I think they are both sorry that they went to match! They lost 2-1!  Roll Eyes

Just had a look at what the BBC weatherman says we can expect in our area tomorrow and it looks like we are going to have sunshine from dawn to dusk. With one of my permissions being just five miles away, I have decided to get up there and put in some time on a few acres of pasture. Planning on a three pronged attack, I'm going to take the EuroAce and my three coils; the standard DD, the small sniper, and my new Nel Tornado. With one of the fields having an electric fence that runs it's full length and some overhead power cables that extend across one end, I am going to fit a Ferrite RFI/EMI filter on the coil lead and see if it cuts out the interference.

The last time I was up there, the farmer's son showed me an area where he spread the dredging's from a small pond and some ditches. When I ran the detector and the standard DD over the area, it went wild but I wasn't sure if it was because the area was very trashy or if it was due to the electro magnetic interference. The sniper coil and the ferrite filter should help me resolve the problem with that section of field. 

Christoph1945
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »

Oh my Gawd, eventually made it out this morning after making breakfast for the wife, getting the news papers, and running the Dyson over the living room carpet before setting off for my permission. The first two fields, close to the motorway, are under winter wheat; so I drove round to the farm and let them know that I had arrived to put in a couple of hours detecting. Couldn't get on the next two fields due to horses being in them. The only small fields that I could work today are very trashy and full of scrap. Managed 1 x 10p, 1 x 1p, two buttons, some strange odds and ends, plus a kg or two of scrap.

Gave up at lunch time and packed all the kit in the car ready to drive home; when the farmer came across to see what luck I may have had. I told him that I was thinking of asking his neighbour for permission and he said good idea.....this is the name of the guy that you need to speak to, tell him that you detect my land and you are ok by me! Drove round to the next property and sought out the named guy and introduced my self as a detectorists who was looking for permission to detect on his property. He greeted me like a long lost friend and despite being rather busy, took me and showed me his fields. That one is mine, that one is mine, this one and that one. We rotate the animals and there will always be fields that you will be able to detect on. Oh gosh, how many acres are we talking about? We have approximately one hundred and thirty acres of prime pasture for you to go at; when can we expect you make a start. You could have knocked me down with a feather!

Looks like our New Year is picking up; the wife won £25 on the Lotto and £3 on the Thunder Ball. Must be all due to your good wishes for us. Thanks guys.     Smiley
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »

Fantastic news Chris , Happy New year mate

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Christoph1945
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »

Thanks m8, and a happy New Year to you. I forgot to mention that the Mrs picked up almost £300 off the Irish Lotto last week. Pinch me someone, just in case I'm dreaming.   Roll Eyes
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »

To where do I send my begging letter ? Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal