Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding GOLD with an Etrac?  (Read 3390 times)
jtalbot0001

« on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »

Hi Guys and Girls,

For those of you that use an Etrac Machine, I just wanted to find out, have you ever found gold, in any shape or form? And if you have with the Etrac, what numbers come up on it? If you can't remember and you have something gold, hopefully a gold ring or coin, preferably something you have found with the Etrac, rather than just anything gold, please just run it over the coil so just to give me some idea as to what it "sounds" like, and what numbers come up on the screen. And if you tell me, please state what gold item it is then the numbers and or tone.

Not that I am expecting to find anything gold, but as I have never found anything gold, I would hate to know I have actually walked over it thinking it was junk!

Thanks everyone!
Jon

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »

Hi Jon
I use the E-trac and like you I have never found gold with it as yet  Wink but saying that Rambo found a nice gold coin on Sundays rally
So I took the opportunity to run my coil over said coin ( 14 - 22 ) and a very crisp high tone,
Hope this helps
Phil

jtalbot0001

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »

Hey Phil,

Thanks for that, although I never went on the Rally, very disappointed, I did see the posted picture of that coin, it looked stunning, so that's great news, that means for that coin at least, I should find it, since I dig that tone.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and I to find something yellow and shiny before the end of the year  Grin

Thanks Again,
Jon

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »

Jon I hate to frighten you but gold can show up anywhere, The gold posey ring I found last year came in as a shoty cartridge on both the Etrac and Deus, many other rings I've found have been from 11-01 to 07-22 so I'm afraid you have to dig all signals to get rings.
Coins are in the normal coin ranges, though gold is not as good a conductor as Silver or Copper so will always be a slightly lower tone than those made of the other metals.
jtalbot0001

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for your reply too!! I can't tell you how many, in fact 99% of the time, the range 11-01 plus minus I have actually ignored, I am shocked, more digging for me then!! I can't thank you enough for that answer!!

Cheers,
Jon

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »

That posey ring was the first signal of the rally and I think I can say hand on heart that if it had been the last signal I would of probably left it.
nomad

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

im just glad rambo was  using a saffari...it means theres hope yet for me....lol
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »

i had a mad 4 days last month mate got 10 rings with my etrac at a beach.the numbers were all from 11.05 to 13.20.but really good signals were 12.05 ,12.15 and 12.20 .the same as ring pulls but the tones were a bit brighter and less grubby.all at under 8'' deep.happy days and good luck

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
johnus brummieus maximus

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »

Jon I hate to frighten you but gold can show up anywhere, The gold posey ring I found last year came in as a shoty cartridge on both the Etrac and Deus, many other rings I've found have been from 11-01 to 07-22 so I'm afraid you have to dig all signals to get rings.
Coins are in the normal coin ranges, though gold is not as good a conductor as Silver or Copper so will always be a slightly lower tone than those made of the other metals.
I do say that gold is infact a good conductor in the way of electricity in fact it is a better conductor then any other metal in the way of electricity and is used on various proffesional electronic and electrical equipment both in switch circuits and for contact switching applications but with very limited use due to it,s value.

Married to wife Shirley have two children Jamie and Lewis do enjoy rallies skype: john.paul.williams2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:58:07 AM »

No I'm afraid not John, a lot of people believe it is and that that is the reason it is used in the components you mention. Gold is in fact only 70% as efficient as copper at conducting electricity, but the reason it is used in contact components is that it does not tarnish and therefore has better conduction/longevity.
avalon

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »

I have a small piece of pure gold I take along to rallies, to test various machines out on it. The results are astounding as some of the top of the range machines do not even register a signal. I use the Etrac, DFX and T2 and have found  the DFX and T2 better for finding gold than the Etrac. On a 3 gram piece of gold most machines can  just about detect it at 2-3 inches or less. The only machine that I have seen that can pick it up at 12 inches in an air test is the T2 Limited edition set on CL.
The next test I will try, is to bury it in the ground to see whether the results alter from the air test. I will try all of the top machines and post up the results. A friend of mine purchased a White’s MXT the other day as this is meant to be pretty good on gold, but sadly not a whimper, he’s now going to sell it.
Most machines can find gold rings and coins without too much problem, it’s when there the size of half a matchstick or a small fragment that the problem begins. That is probably why gold Thrymsa  are still very scarce because most machines won’t find them.

Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »

My Golden Mask 3+ Power gave me a very clear two way signal on the 200yr old 18K gold ring I found in January. The ring weighs just 0.8g and it was 5" deep in clean pasture.

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
avalon

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

Rings will alway give good results, as they seem to amplify the signal with there circular shape. It's a bit like those bronze rings that everyone finds or even iron rings, which always belt out a signal.

welshbreed

CTX 3030 and ETRAC backup

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »

a gold soveriegn is (12:30) if that helps ok mate

2016 finds:-
2 x hammered
2 x roman coin
x roman brooches
12 x silver milled coins
0 x celtic coins
tons of lead
handfull of grotties
x gold coins
0 x gold ring
0 x silver ring
tyna

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »

Found lots of rings with the e-trac, though not as many as with the CZ5.  It's all about going to the beach when the conditions are right - gales, low low tides etc.  Ever thought of nugget hunting or ancient crossings in the rivers?  should be quite lucrative  Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal