Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Black Country Kid.  (Read 2375 times)
Pon

« on: July 04, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »

Forgot to do this earlier, so I can only apologise.

Hail Citizens. My name is Jon but  most people call me Pon or Pona...dont ask never did find out why???
Been detecting since 1992 after a trip to Axminster and buying a copy of Treasure Hunting magazine just for something to read..was stopping at my sisters house and she could possibly be the most boring person ever to grace this planet.

I am married with 2 kids a cat and a bookshelf full of Detecting/archaelogical literature....note I havent put the above in any order as my wife may read this at somepoint and i hate sleeping on the couch.

Mostly detect Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire but not adverse to the odd trip anywhere Smiley I've been lucky enough to find some rare and unique coins over the years..none of which have been sold even after severe pressure from the wife because she "has nothing to wear".

I have a tendency to woffle on a bit...oh yeah I'm doing it now!!!

So will end with "nice to meet you all and hope you all find that special object youve always wanted to"

Pona.

p.s. I was going to end with a story that involves the Welsh flag and a trip to the Grand Prix in Adelaide but as I dont really know any of you yet that can wait for another day Smiley
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:56:27 PM by Pon » Logged

You can always tell a Black Country kid. You just can't tell him much!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 02:29:36 PM »

Hi Pon
welcome aboard bud  Wink .... I see you have a sense of humour Roll Eyes.........should fit in nicely Grin

Nobby

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »

Ye. that's all you need, a good sense of humour. Welcome countryman. Where in the Black Country do you hail from.
Can you believe I had to explain to some locals down here why the Black Country is so called. Roll Eyes
Like to see some of your finds when you've got time to post.

Val 

(ex Black Country Girl)

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Pon

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 02:48:40 PM »

Thank you  both Smiley  having just read your forum name Nobby...I already feel the need to apologise for my post in  "Metal Detecting & Archaeological Articles"   Cheesy Cheesy

Val, I'm not surprised at all to be honest, any area that makes such a big thing out of the fact we built the anchor on a ship that sunk after hitting an iceberg really hasnt got a lot going for it Cheesy

I was born in Pensnett. For those of you not familiar with this "picturesque" little town, think Beirut but with more desolation...Its that poor most of the countires in East Africa send aid to us! Most families are on first name terms with Jeremy Kyle.

What area did you live in Val?

As for posting some finds, that shouldnt be a problem. Someones bound to leave a camera lying around at somepoint that I can pinch. See?  Told you I was a Pensnett lad.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:54:03 PM by Pon » Logged

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »

Border country, really Pon. Great Barr, slap bang in the middle in-between West Brom, Walsall, Sutton and Birmingham. Used to be a nice place but it's all gone down the Swaney now. Wouldn't like to go back. Only down side to living here is the neighbours come from Kingstanding. Angry

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »

Welcome to D W Pon, if you ever feel the need to switch the lights off, feel free  Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Pon

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »

thank you Dryland Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal