Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alarming  (Read 3101 times)
Macsen Wledig
Rally attendee

« on: February 12, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »

Hello everyone , just want people to know that( academics , historians , and archeologists ) are trying to change our history and heritage . they are now refusing to use the word Celtic people or the Celts instead referring to us as ancient British or the iron age people. Typical example is Digging for Britain not once did they mention the celts only the iron age people. I was told that the word Celtic or Celts is going to be made redundant by the people mentioned. I find this very disturbing , this is going to affect the history and heritage  of the Welsh , Scottish and Irish. We need to stop this now. Angry
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »

They are quite right I'm afraid Celtic was a cultural influence not an ethnic group and so where Wales, Cornwal and Ireland etc were Celtic cultures the people weren't actually Celts. Wink
Macsen Wledig
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

Test as my posts are not showing
Macsen Wledig
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't agree Britain was made up of Celtic people with a strong Celtic culture before the Romans invaded . The Greeks even referred to us as the Celts so did the Romans. Why don't we just drop the world Anglo Saxons and call you instead the Germanic people. This must be the latest fad coming from an upstart academic moron. For hundred's of years they have been trying to destroy our culture and they are at it again.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »

does it really matter? whats in a word that defines a culture/tribe etc ..  the word celt, along with many others is a form of classification and nothing else.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Macsen Wledig
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 08:45:59 PM »

Yes it does matter , if they tried this on any other culture they would be classed as racists .
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »

Not sure what you've been reading but the Romans referred to us as Britons (Britanni) or Gauls in fact the term "Celtic" wasn't even used regarding Britain until the 17th century so not so ancient, not sure why you would call "me" Germanic as I'm Welsh lol but even this is wrong when talking about ancient history as Wales didn't even exist until after the battle of Deorham in 577 before which we were Britons and genetically it's been shown that the vast majority of "Anglo Saxons" were also Britons who chose to follow a different cultural influence.
This of course does mean that Anglo Saxons should be called Dark Age people if we follow their logic but as the original reference to Keltoi is to tribes in Germany then the Saxons were probably more Celtic than we were lol confusing isn't it. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 08:54:43 PM »

Well I'm 1/4 English  1/4 Welsh and 1/2 Irish,  so what does that make me Geoff  Grin

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »

Confused Grin
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »

Yes it does matter , if they tried this on any other culture they would be classed as racists .

hmmm -- thats some very confused thinking going on there .... try and elaborate please, why does an alleged re-classification of a cutlure/tribe   .. lead to the concept of racism?  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:01:48 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »

Well I'm 1/4 English  1/4 Welsh and 1/2 Irish,  so what does that make me Geoff  Grin

Val

lol .... dunno, but i would also search out the scottish ancestry, should the SNP have the balance of power, come the next election!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:03:39 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »

1/2 Irish 1/2 English......I'm sticking with Celtic...Spikey  Grin Roll Eyes Wink Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal