Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "NEW MODEL MINELAB XS PRO INFO WANTED"  (Read 5222 times)
ancientpat

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

I use the Explorer XS Pro with reasonable success and although I have not used an Etrac I suspect it is the same machine as the XS Pro with a few gimmics like connecting up to a computer and I am not sure how this is going to help your finds rate.
I used my first Minelab the original one made and I must admit it took me the best part of a year before I really got to grips with it and now keep that one as a back up machine, but what ever machine you use it ts all about understanding that machine. I don't often look at the screen on my machine but listen to the type of signal given by the object and dig accordingly, if in doubt DIG. I did five hours yesterday and ended up with the  biggest bag of bits I think I have had for years but out popped a lovely half penny  in good condition, not sure of the king yet. What I am trying to get across is you must try and understand your machine and get it programmed properly.

Pat. Wink Wink

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

I think AncientPat and Altinkum make very good points.

It's all about being comfortable with your machine and understanding it.

As I've said before, people are spending £1249 on a machine they've very probably
haven't test driven.....then stick it on Flea bay and take a few hundred quid loss.
If dealers/manufacturers were confident they could certainly offer a trial period with a pre-agreed depreciation cost prior to sale if the machine returned for whatever reason.

One of the things I didn't like about the Minelab Safari was the weight after a couple of hours detecting...and I'm no fairy! (And that was before I'd switched it on!  LOL.......I'm really only joking. Honest!!!)

1morecoin
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:28 PM »

Good thread, I have used every Explorer and Sovereign that has been out, I personally think that they are very deep but are on the heavy side and struggle on contaminated sites, on pasture and the beach they are excellent, the Sovereign being a better machine as far as I am concerned.
My other preference is the DFX, Whites have a better after sales service than any of the other brands, and don't complain about repairing older machines, I have found more hammered coins with this machine than any of the Minelabs. I would never entertain the E Trac as they are way over priced for what they are ( tarted up Explorer) there are cheaper machines out there that are built better and perform as well if not better.
The problem is too many people out there want the best machine that money can buy, so they go for the most expensive machine they can afford without checking to see if the machine is suitable for their requirements, as long as the money keeps flowing Minelabs way they will keep selling these machines at these extortionate prices.
I have been watching some videos lately ( not that type of video) on field tests on youtube and some of them have been very interesting, one guy in particular is very open with his findings,Toddy Irvine has put some interesting vids on youtube and I believe we need more people like this guy to show people that when it comes to a metal detectors performance you shouldn't believe everything you read.

Steve.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:26:40 AM »

Very Funny!!  LOL

You're not too far off though. The E Trac has a faster processor, different program and display graphics. 

So who told you it has a faster microsprocessor  uuuuummmm oh minelab  Roll Eyes

I bet, i could be wrong, that they might be the same, i did look a while ago at the copyright drawings and info and i think minelab dropped the description spec of the microprocessor on advertisements after e.trac was launched on other explorer models  Roll Eyes  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal