Owain Glyndwr, - the true Prince of Wales

(1/3) > >>

Svaipa:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hanmer

Owain Glyndwr was raised by my ancestor David Hanmer.
He married David Hanmers daughter Margaret Hanmer. One of their daughters Catrin, married Edmund Mortimer and lived on Carreg Cennen castle. Both margaret and Catrin was taken prisoners and kept in the Tower of London after Owain Glyndwr lost the battle with the English.

dances with badgers:
the true prince of was a llewelyn.he was murdered by the english and his daughter was taken away at an early to live in a nunery and brought up as a nun not knowing who she really was

alun:
Both true, but Llewelyn was the blood Prince and Owain Glyndwr was the peoples Prince, a true scholar who joined the rebellion against the down trodden Welsh and led them on to the historic raids around the counties.
Currently searching a hide area where Owain Glyndwr and his "Rebels" gathered in our area. Interesting search site, a area which I never knew had so many Battles between tribes in the area.

dances with badgers:
if you have not heard of the rebecca riots guys look it up.i currently have permission to do land where the conspiriters used to meet on.think they where the earliest welsh trannies but dont quote me on that ::)

the hog:
Glyndwrs banner was a gold Rampant Lion on a White background and not the Prince Prince of Wales Red and Yellow banner which is oftenly flown around Wales.
We celebrate the 16th Sept massively in North Wales,do you celebrate Glyndwr Day in South Wales?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page