Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just like your country they are cracking down on detecting here as well  (Read 1192 times)
yankee
« on: March 30, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »

The state of Wisconsin where I live are enforcing new detecting laws. Soon I think they will be as strict as yours are in the UK!  Using Metal Detectors on DNR Land
Metal detectors may be used on DNR land or waters only for locating specific lost personal items. A special permit is required.

Conditions of Permit
A property office may issue a metal detector permit only to a specific person or designee for the recovery of one or more specific lost personal items, which must be described in the permit application. The permit specifies a limited search area within a DNR-managed property and a specific time between May 1 and October 15 when the detector may be used.

Any proposed metal detecting within recorded archaeological sites requires review and approval by the DNR archaeologist (metal detecting is generally not permitted within reported burial areas, in any case).   

Found Items
Any recovered item(s) must be presented and reported to the property office for comparison with the permitted recovery. The property office will keep all recovered items not belonging to the permittee.

Archaeological materials (50 years old and older) may not be removed from their locations.

How to Get a Permit
To get a metal detector permit, contact the manager of the property (park, forest, wildlife area, waterway, etc.) where you want to use the detector.

For more Information, ask Mark Dudzik, DNR archaeologist, (608) 266-3462.

Last Revised: Wednesday November 05 2008  I am 50 years old! that makes me a relic too!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:44:12 AM by yankee » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal