Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Has Been Eating My Porridge?  (Read 2504 times)
Spooyt Vane
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »

I have noticed a very mercenary attuide by the latest batch of detectorists to this wonderful hobby..I caught new detectorists trying to gazump land which i have detectored on for generations...
and i was good enough to let them on to get them started,but the landowner would have none of their underhand dealings ,because he was an old school mate...His father gave me permission back back in 1976 on this site and it still produces all periods..We are in the process of selling are house and agreed on a price with  a lady who liked are house and this week the estate said aniother cash buyer would like to offer more money..We said no because our word is our bond..and we hope to sign on the dotted line soon..People call us old fashion,but i say honesty and respect comes first.. Cool
roaljodaka
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »

That's well out of order m8  Angry, especially when you let them go with you on your permission!!, i wouldn't dream of going to that permission without you being along side me.
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

I've recently had someone that I know  get permission on land that I have had for a long while, it's not something  I would dream of doing and it's happened to a friend of mine. I've taken quite a few people out for a days detecting and never had this problem. Is it a sign of the times or just a cheeky greedy so and so ?
Jimi nugget

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »

hey boys

even tho i,m new to the metal detecting game thats just dam right rude and arrogant its something i wouldnt even dream of doing i was brought up old school with morals also pleases and thank yous.

it just goes to show the world is full of greedy a**e holes
it really gets me annoyed Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

i really hope rob they get what they deserve

If you lye down with the dogs!!!!!!!! be prepared to wake up with fleas
b.buoy
NWDD Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »

Pm for you Chris
trojan

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »

I've recently had someone that I know  get permission on land that I have had for a long while, it's not something  I would dream of doing and it's happened to a friend of mine. I've taken quite a few people out for a days detecting and never had this problem. Is it a sign of the times or just a cheeky greedy so and so ?

this will sound a bit nasty to some people, but no matter who you are, or what agreement you make to detect on anyone's land, you do not have exclusive rights to it unless the farmer says so, anyone can go on any land they wish with the farmers permission, the detectorist does not own the land and has no rights to it

E-Track CTX 3030
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »

Unfortunately Rob it does happen, but it's the farmers decision at the end of the day. I went to a permission that I have, last week, and there was a rally on there. to say that I was suprised was an understatment. Lucky for me, my farmer had only allowed them
mostly on marshy land, and 2 fields that I have worked well over the past two years, so not much was found.
                                          Another suprise for me was being told by someone at the rally, that one of their members also has permission on this farm,and he had taken his friend on there recently and his friend had found a bronze age axe head  Huh
I've yet to speak to the farmer as I haven't had the time.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 06:09:09 PM »

I think Robs point isn't dual permissions it's one detectorist asking for permission on land he has been taken on by a fellow detectorist and thus friendly with. Undecided
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »

CASTRATION ! is the only answer, Castrate the lot of them  Grin Grin

carling2

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 06:22:43 PM »

ive had that done to me in the  past, you take someone tectin and suddenly there there without you ,, yes its a crappy trick but if the farmer has give em permission to be there then whos at fault?,, there aint much land now that is detected solely by 1 individual and as said permission is a permission it dosent mean you are the law regarding who goes on the land or not,,,,,on another note me and a mate was tectin 1 of my permissions a few weeks ago some bloke comes up with a ace 250 shouting this is my farm,,i get chatting with him he wasn't happy we were there but I asked him how long you been tectin 5 months says he ,,,ive been tectin that particular farm for 2 years,,so I thought bloody cheek come balling and shouting lol ,,, but I did find it funny when later he kept coming up to me and showing me mangled bits of tin and saying is this a hammered Grin no I says ,,when he showed me some tractor part and asked what it was I didn't have the heart to say Cheesy,, I dunno was the answer.
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »

Ah but you should have said that they were ROMAN tractor parts Grin

carling2

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »

Grin yea I should have done Wink,,I left him to it as it wasn't a very good farm and ive got loads to go to anyways but I have a chuckle to myself when I go past there and the blokes car is in the drive.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »

Iv been going to the same place ever since I was little, the farmer also gave someone else permission he went straight to the farm and his first hole was a roman enamelled disc brooch and about 10 roman coins what chef Geoff id for him on anther forum, I only ever meet him once there but showed him the hot spots, I then left the farm as it was raining Tim the new treasure hunter went on to find a Elizabeth 1st hammered in the next field Wink Fair play to him, that's what its all about getting permission and detecting Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal