Afternoon Out

(1/3) > >>

Val Beechey:
Well being as I can’t post any of the pics I took, I’ll tell you how I got on.
Was down the farm Sunday before last and noticed a few things going on. Grass long, not yet cut and a mountain of deep litter neatly piled and ready to go. This was at the back of my mind when I started out. I had visions of arriving to find 6 inches of smelly spread all over the maize fields. WRONG. I arrived to find them all done and ready for me to play in.
Deep litter spread and plough in, fields rolled and seeded. The only fly in the ointment, I had to struggle through a knee high grass field to get to where I wanted.
No finds of value to report. Loads of junk been brought up. Nuts and bolts bits off ploughs, an ointment tube, a brass hinge. REALY disappointing. Only finds of note, a bit of bronze with some patterning on it ? A nice bag seal with a Stork and North Shore Mills, Liverpool on one side and L TIE on the other side. Top end of a key and an ornate brass threaded nut.
The one thing I’d have liked to show was a real weird find. It’s a fossil. Of what I have no idea but it actually gave an iffy signal. Atfer was washing it the signal disappeared. It’s got minute sea creatures embedded in concretion on both sides and is a very symmetrical triangle shape. Fascinating !
I used Field 1 today, alternating between that and all metal which I’d already found a good way to prove some of the pesky high tones were in fact iron. The only reason I dug so much of the blasted stuff was because some of the signals insisted they were silver (or foil) will need to get someone’s opinion on that.
One good thing I noticed was that I didn’t get one signal off coke like I did with the Deus, it loved the stuff. Decided I’ve got a long way to go yet with the Equinox.
Shame about the pics  :'(. They say a picture says a thousand words  ;D

Val Beechey:
Trying again                               YEA IT WORKED.   All ive got to do now is remember what I did to make it work  :o ;D

wittsy1:
Mmmm now all I need to look for is rolled field with pylons in the background, shoud'nt be to difficult  ;D ;)

relicron:
lovely to ear your back to it val,brilliant, ;)

Dungbeetle:
Nice to see that you are getting back into the swing, gives me a bit of encouragement to start again Val. Keep going girl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page