Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Something Stupid  (Read 3682 times)
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« on: April 10, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »

I went out this evening for a couple of hours , I found 48p and 4 pre decimal grots. My main reason for posting this is that while detecting in some woodland and getting a good signal I dug a hole and using the probe I found a 1/2d.  I then moved on and and at the next signal I again dug a hole, but on pulling out the probe from it's holster I had a stick in my hand. I must have picked it up instead of the probe . I had to re trace my steps and luckily found the  probe. This honestly happened. Surely I can't be the only one thats done something like this Huh Huh Huh Huh

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:42:36 AM »

Eeerrrr..............Yes,  only you Dylan, only you  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
marknewbury1

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »

Angry Angry Angry Grin
Eeerrrr..............Yes,  only you Dylan, only you  Roll Eyes
we've all done it rushing home from work gone out with my work boots on after a night shif machine playing up took me 10 minutes to realise
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:38:14 AM by marknewbury1 » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:54:53 AM »

Got to admit there was this once  Roll Eyes   

I changed out of my new detecting boots before getting into the car, drove home and realised I'd left my boots behind.  Shame I didn't think to take the camera back with me. They looked so forlorn and lonely sitting on the track all alone   Grin

So no Dylan, you're not on your own. Wink

Val

Bling (mark)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:24:40 AM »

Worst one for me was jumped into works van  mate was driving got dropped off five miles away at home I'd only taken the car that day and left it sitting outside work didn't tell mate what happened I'll keep that secret.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »

Don't worry Dylan, here's mine..I was out with the CTX put it down to recover a signal picked it up went to walk of and it didn't feel rite looked at it and saw the arm rest was missing so I spent 10 minutes back tracking to see where it had fell off Roll Eyes only to realise the bloody thing was still attached to my arm via Velcro strap Tongue Tongue on my gortext coat....needles to say I made sure it was properly tightened  Grin
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »

Don't worry Dylan, here's mine..I was out with the CTX put it down to recover a signal picked it up went to walk of and it didn't feel rite looked at it and saw the arm rest was missing so I spent 10 minutes back tracking to see where it had fell off Roll Eyes only to realise the bloody thing was still attached to my arm via Velcro strap Tongue Tongue on my gortext coat....needles to say I made sure it was properly tightened  Grin

and u left your spade stuck in the sand at barry one day , i let you walk 50 yards before i called u back  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
hoarder
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »

a few years ago i drove 10 miles to a new cut corn field and was looking forward to a good days detecting

i went to put my boots on and found i could not get my feet into them ?

in my haste to get out i had picked up my wifes size 5 boots instead of my own

i then had to detect for the rest of the day with a pair of crocs on ,the sharp straw stubble kept sticking through the holes in the crocs

by the end of the day i had loads of cuts on my feet and no hammereds  Angry
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »

HAHAHA... Keep em coming Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »

The biggest stupid thing I ever dig was in 1966. (yes I can remember that far back)  I went shopping, got back home and started putting the shopping away. Then it hit me  Shocked    OMG I'd left the baby in his pram outside the shops.
Something I'll never forget.
The stupid part was me remembering him Roll Eyes Grin   I might have been driving a Rolls Royce now if I'd left him there  Roll Eyes

Val

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 05:43:04 PM »

Grin Grin so it's NOT only me then Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:16:21 PM »

the other day I decided to nip out detecting in between  rain showers for an hour the day after my wife decided to go for a walk with her mate so she went to the shed for her wellies after 10 mins emptied the shed and said they  were not there so could she use mine out of the car so she went and got them and came in laughing I had used her wellies sad thing is they were tight on me but didn't tell her that  Roll Eyes
kencomet

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 08:37:08 PM »

About 16 years ago, I went on a boozy 4 day ferry trip to Spain, and forgot my passport, I asked if I could go into Bilbao without a passport, and then was arrested and held in the ships cell, the Spanish police captain on board, gave me a note allowing me to go into Bilbao, but told me his job was on the line if I failed to return, on returning to the ship, at the top of the gang plank was the Police captain, who greeted me with hugs and kisses like a long lost family friend... Grin
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 08:37:40 PM »

and u left your spade stuck in the sand at barry one day , i let you walk 50 yards before i called u back  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
ha ha for got about that one MIke, see you tomorrow and good luck Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »

I went out this evening for a couple of hours , I found 48p and 4 pre decimal grots. My main reason for posting this is that while detecting in some woodland and getting a good signal I dug a hole and using the probe I found a 1/2d.  I then moved on and and at the next signal I again dug a hole, but on pulling out the probe from it's holster I had a stick in my hand. I must have picked it up instead of the probe . I had to re trace my steps and luckily found the  probe. This honestly happened. Surely I can't be the only one thats done something like this Huh Huh Huh Huh

Lol  Cheesy Its a good you never picked the stick up at the end of the session and went home with it Shocked 48p worth of finds is a bit short for a new one Undecided Its a funny old hobby.......Great story Dylan Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal