Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorer ll or etrac!  (Read 1240 times)
falcon.

« on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »

Hi all after using my explorer ll for the last 6 yrs with 10"and found many intresting finds Wink.my question is Etrac any better in setup, programs and depth Huh or are they practicality the same.Thinking of buying SEF 15x12 Wink for explorer to in prove my find rates in a well worked fields i detected on for so long will it make a difference Wink
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »

Hi in my opinion the SEF 15 X 12 coil gives you much better ground coverage
and a small increase in depth ..if your using the minelab pro coil, if your using the original stock coil then you will get better depth.
Mainly because you can run the explorer with vastly increased sensitivity with out causing overload or distortion.
I personally swear by it.
The etrack has a slightly faster response time and a few extras which you may find
an improvement...i think there is little difference in the SEF  and the minelab Pro coils. and finally some peeps find that the SEF coil a little heavy for them ?
I do not agree with this it mainly depends on how you set up the bottom shaft on the machine it is posible to get great balance if you set the length just right for YOU
and adjust your grip and detecting sweep accordingly.
I am 65 years old and have no problems still detecting for 8 hours a day plus on a good site lol.
One further advantage of the SEF coil in combo with the explorer is that you can run maximum sens. on wet salt beaches black sand or otherwise.

Just remember to clean out coil cover after each trip cos running at max. sens will cause problems at the next site you go to.
Best regards and HH PaulB. Cool

Greetings from the Dragon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal