Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finds  (Read 2896 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »

I am by no means the longest member on D/W , but I have  put my fair share of posts on over the years  mainly due to productive land, and I understand some members struggle for finds. I know it's not the most productive time of the year for all of us, but I have noticed the last couple of years , people appear not to put many finds posts up in comparison to years gone by  Huh My question is this....Is the Facebook side of the forum showing more, normally people would have put pictures up from the rally finds as I know there was some nice finds ( I know Neil, will do his great write up with photos I'm sure soon)  Wink Wink so for some one who does not do Facebook nor do I want to am I missing out   Wink Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »

Hi there MR Spikey,funny that you have posted your comments ref: Facebook !!
I also have noticed the demise of input/photographs on the  Detecting Wales forum.
I am encouraged that you are also not a fan of this Facebook phenomena,thought it was just me !!
However,i will continue to only use the conventional methods of posting.
It would also be an interesting exercise to ask members of what method of presentation of finds they prefer.
SO......shall we have a vote.?... perhaps not,got enough thinking about voting coming up....IN....OUT....IN...OUT....shake it all about !! Huh Huh
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:09:33 PM »

Hi there MR Spikey,funny that you have posted your comments ref: Facebook !!
I also have noticed the demise of input/photographs on the  Detecting Wales forum.
I am encouraged that you are also not a fan of this Facebook phenomena,thought it was just me !!
However,i will continue to only use the conventional methods of posting.
It would also be an interesting exercise to ask members of what method of presentation of finds they prefer.
SO......shall we have a vote.?... perhaps not,got enough thinking about voting coming up....IN....OUT....IN...OUT....shake it all about !! Huh Huh
These days dingdong I try not to shake too much about.. You just don't know what mite drop off  Grin, us non believers must try and stand together or sit if we've had a long day in the fields ..Lol. I guess we must be happy that the Guys on DW keep this great forum running as they do, I'm sure it takes Time and commitment and I for one take my hats off to them.. Wink Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »

I've resisted that awful place on the Internet for a long time but I picked up on the fact that the Forum had an account and wondered the same as Paul. Very quiet here at times, was I missing something.
Hubby thinks it's great and I no sooner mentioned it than it was done. He opened an account for me and even found the Forums little Sister for me.
Yes there are one or two regular posters but nowhere near as many as here. Biggest disappointment was I didn't recognise the names.
I never cease to be amazed at the absolute rubbish posted on Face Book. Needless to say I got rid of it.
You'd have to go a very long way to beat D/W

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:33:04 AM »

Facebook? No not for me, got no use for it what so ever. As for posting finds, my finds rate always drops away in the summer months, dry hard ground, crops and all that. Probably the same for many others.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »

Morning all

The facebook account has quite a few members, but to be honest we don't tend to have a lot of finds posted on it. Its useful for videos and instant in the field posting.

I am personally a fan of Facebook as it allows me to stay in touch with friends and family throughout the world and communicate immediately. Its as safe to use as you make it. I've been on there since 2007, use it daily and never had a problem.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 07:51:15 AM »

I too am no fan of facebook even though I am on there mainly to keep in contact with family and do know people who have had their page ruined by idiots, I think the organizers of DW do an amazing job of keeping it running and whilst I am able to go digging it will only ever be my outlet for pictures and comments. I did wonder what had happened at the rally at Grosmont as I was there and found nothing in particular even though I had a really great day and spoke to other lovely detectorist's, one in particular who found a Charles 1st half crown, I rubbed most of the soil of it gently so we could see it. I would love to see pictures of it both sides as I thought it was not the common one. I do hope the finder puts pictures of it on here and not facebook.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »

Well, love it or hate it, it's there and won't go away. It didn't seem hard to open an account so give it a try, have a look and then make up your mind.

I've decided I must be a funny, old fashioned sod. I don't like face book, never play music, even have all the sound effects switched off on my tablet, phone and computer.
Can't understand people who feel the need to be bombarded by man made noise all the time. Still, it takes all sorts.  Roll Eyes Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »

Wagis - photos coming later today of the Charles 1st with hopefully the report.

Cheers

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 09:49:52 AM »

Quite simply i do both.... On forums for local discussion on facebook for further afield
Once you got the photos sorted it only takes minutes on either format.
Occasionally i get  an I.D. on facebook that has defeated local knowledge.
They are both good tools to be used in our hobby. .....PaulB.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:55:37 AM by dragonsbreath(Paul) » Logged

Greetings from the Dragon.
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 10:49:08 AM »

Iused to post some finds on facebook but dont really have the time to post in multiple places so I gave up posting finds on facebook and just post them here where more people would be interested.

XP Deus user
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:21 AM »

Most of time I would prefer to post on here - but in my case finds haven't been too forth coming over the last two years or so - although I had meant to post an Aberystwyth 1/2 groat I found about a month back - not sure why I didn't!

I do enjoy seeing what other people have found - but it is the quieter part of the year at the moment. Coming home yesterday though I did notice that the 'first cut' of the year is taking place - I know on the farm I go to it'll happen in the next week or so.
wagis
NWDD Member

gravity always gets me down

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 11:06:10 AM »

Nice one Neil, thanks
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »

Cheers guys, thanks for your comments, I'll stick to the forum side of things for now....it works for me  Wink Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal