Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus  (Read 2710 times)
Chainsaw Bampy

« on: May 13, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »

hi  i know there are a lot of Deus users out there, but are they really worth the money or would someone be better off buying some other cheaper model?  all comments invited. ta butties.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

As you know I'm still a trainee with the Deus but my opinion, at the moment, is the only thing in it's favour is the weight. Oh and it's wireless.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
hotmill
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:32 PM »

It's a cracking machine once you get used to it, same as any high end detector, then add in that it's light and wireless.

XP Deus user
bristolminelab
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:12:41 PM »

Fast, light, deep and more tailored user options to suit personal preferences and conditions , was a defo upgrade from a minelab which was is a good machine but in my opinion the Deus is better
wet feet again

xp Deus

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »

The Deus is worth every penny light wireless and compact. Once through the learning curve as with any detector you wont look back

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 10:17:49 PM »

"Are they really worth the money"? No definitely not but only in the sense that no metal detector is but is it worth having? Certainly is as it's a lovely machine to use light and adaptable and as bristolminelab says very fast recovery, whether it's "better" than other machines is another question as all are really very much of a muchness above a certain price band.
I use as my main machine a 17 year old Explorer and when I was able to get out a couple of times a week I was finding 30+ hammereds a year and way over 100 Roman but that of course is partly down to the land your on and more importantly the miles you put in detecting as logic dictates that the more ground you cover the more you will find and if you find the Deus more enjoyable to use you'll probably be out there more Wink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:26:02 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
marknewbury1

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 11:04:39 PM »

It's great machine the more I use it the more I love it if its there it will find it Grin Grin
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 11:15:05 PM »

It's light, it's wireless, it folds down to something very small, it's like buying a new detector if you want to change the coil.

I had one, my children liked it, I sort of did too - it was quite good for parks as I was using the smaller coil on it and pinpointing was good.

Is it better than other machines - for me, personally, no - had better luck with my E-TRAC last year, but that's what you walk over most of the time.....so I sold it, along with a few other machines, but it is much lighter than a minelab Smiley
missmaggs
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »

Hi. Taken time to get used to my Deus. Had doubts I was ever bond with it. But I have started to pull in the hammys with it now. So it,s got my thumbs up.
JBM

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »

After over 5 years using one I have never regretted taking the plunge. Wink Smiley Jerry.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal