Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: fisher cz vs etrac  (Read 11606 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

cheff has just set me straight on a few adjustments so i will have another go on the test bed monday and post results  Smiley

If the Fisher out performs the E T again...............it'll have Chef cutting his wrists  Shocked

Is it worth the risk?  He's just got to 2000 posts and he'll be cut off in his prime!!!!  Grin

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »

no he's the main man,dont care what anybody says you can't take that away from him.i owe him a lot of beer for his advice lol.i think i wil have to buy him a pub by the time i click with my etrac Cheesy

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »

Bob, Minelab isn't my team,  in fact none of them would have me Grin
If someone was posting the same ting about the Deus or any of the other top models I would be asking the same questions about what settings they had been using.
I know I seem to be pro Etrac but that's because it's (at present) the most popular around. But if anyone wants help with the setting of any make of machine I will try my best to set them right.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 11:34:22 PM »

Few years ago now Rare held a test bed at its annual summer token hunt,all sorts of items where buried as none more that 6 inch,s.
The aim was if you could tell what the item was, and whether you would dig or walk away,as 80% of the RARE membership use Explorers The XS,11, SE, Etrac i thought the result would be a formality.
None of the Explorers (Including mine) could find all the targets (maybe due to the soil conditions) but most Explorer owners could tell what the items they heard was.
The only detector to find every item was an £100 fisher 1236  2nd place was a cheap Garrett. a think it was a Treasurer Ace.
I dont think im wrong in saying there isnt a detector that.ll work well in all types of soil,and condition, but theres a saying ,"Beware of the one machine man"
If you know your machine well you going to find more than someone that doesnt .

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »

Very true Phil, I could take you to a field (weird minerals) and none of the FBS or BBS machines will find a hammered farthing on the surface down to roughly 2", but deeper than that no problem, as you say it's all about knowing your machine and it's limitations.
As they say a good detectorist with a bad machine is better than a bad detectorist with a good one.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »

i aint that bad cheff lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »

Do Monsterlabs go deeper than 2"  Huh    Smiley

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »

Hmmmm - Heres a depth of 22 inches measured.

Granted it was a 8 inch milk jug I found, but it could have been a pot of Roman deanrii! Oh, that was with an Exploler II by the way in the presence of 3 DW members. Can anyone go deeper? Lets see the photos.

Neil

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:28:49 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »

Hmmmm - Heres 22" measured. Granted it was a 8 inch milk jug, but it could have been a pot of Roman deanrii! Oh, that was with an Expolere II by the way.

Neil

With a Fisher?  Wink

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »

Not a fisher I am afraid Bob, although I am intending to buy one for the ploughed fields.

Found at sixteen inchs on pasture in the VOG - Tudor clog clasp next! Found with an Explorer II.

I really don't believe that the Explorer range can be beaten on pasture for depth. Granted they are not all that on ploughed and stubble, but on pasture you won't touch them.

I fancy a Deus to be honest but will need convincing befor eI but one

Interesting debate this, but I think the photos speak more than words.
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »

Ah - just realised this is a Fisher V E-Trac debate! I blame the Sunday Rioja!

I shall step away from this conversation, and try and retain some dignity!

The Explorer II still kicks both of your butts on depth though!  Wink

Cheers
Neil

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »

Your's does, I reckon you've had your's supercharged. It's the only Explorer I know of that effects mine from about 20 yards away. lol
JRD

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 07:12:41 PM »

On a side note Neil I bet your heart was beating out of chest when you found that jug!  Mine would have been. When you saw the top of that I bet you thought you found a hoard pot of coins? Great find never less.

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »

On a side note Neil I bet your heart was beating out of chest when you found that jug!  Mine would have been. When you saw the top of that I bet you thought you found a hoard pot of coins? Great find never less.

Jon

You won't get an answer. The Rioja has sent him to     s l      e        e          p  !   zzzzz   Grin

He too emabarassed now  Cheesy

JRD

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »

Grin lol I won't be long myself after that dig today - long old day, but great day.

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal