Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
Today at 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (SEF COILS HOW DO YOU RATE THEM)  (Read 3483 times)
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« on: April 15, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »

Having used the 10x12 version on my m6 I am a bit dubious of the preformance  Undecided regarding interferance from other machines minelabs in particular  Sad and signal seperation where multipule targets are under the coil at the same time  Huh seem to be fareing better with the 10x12 that I,ve fitted to my explorer SE though  Wink first time out found me a william the 3rd love token better known as a crooked sixpence amongst Iron  Wink I would like to know what other forum members experiences have been like using the SEF range on their machines Huh

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

I'm not too impressed with the 15x12 sef coil I got on the DFX , It did drag in interference from all over , on a machine that already sufferes from electrical interference. I found a lot of hammereds with it so i suppose i shouldnt really argue with results, on saying that I found a lot of hammered just using the stock coil.

You are right though , signal seperation (especially when running the machine hot)  was a nightmare and pinpointing - forget it.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »

I think the question is which machines does the SEF range work well with. at the end of the day the coil is only an aerial so is only amplifying what the machine already does.
I have absolutely no complaints on the Minelabs, they are as stable as the pro coil, the 12x15 with give you an extra inch or two and the small 8x6 is superb around iron and for its size is very deep.
I had the 12x15 on the T2 and although a bit noisy at times it goes give you that extra depth.
Trys

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »

I've just got the 15 X 12 for my V3, tried it for 20 mins the other day and it did hit very deep on a couple of bits but it was picking up intiference from one of those transformers on the leccy poles. I'll be trying it again on a different site this weekend Wink
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »

Well i use the 15 x 12" S.E.F. Coil on my Explorer II ....

Have had one since first came out and never put the stock coil back on...

On the wet sand this combo outperforms anything i have ever used except for

top end P.I. machines... The depth of recoveries have to be seen to be believed..

Inland although far superior to the stock coil the minelab "pro" coil is about equal in

performance and depth just a little more ground coverage *Nb please note this does

not refer to the original stock coil which both of the above are far superior to.

The S.E.F. allows me to run at maximum sensitivity on all sites...

BUT as aleady stated if you are under pylons or near electric fences you do get

interference from them simply because the size of the coil acts as a larger antenna

I have made some stunning recoveries with this combo...

To sum up on wet sand beaches miles ahead of any non P.I. i have ever used

and inland miles ahead of the stock coil for the explorer II but about on par with

the "Pro." coil just a bit more ground coverage.

As to the weight of the beast well at 64 years of age i can still put in a full days

detecting without problems..the secret of good balance lies in getting the length of

the shaft balanced correctly against how far out you hold the detector and as long

as you allow the machine to scrub the ground this then takes the weight of your arms.

I totally recommend  this superb coil for the Minelab range of machines.

Although i believe that some have had stability problems with other makes of

detectors...Hope this helps and good luck and H.H. to all...PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »

I'll agree with what Dragonsbreath has put.

I had the 12 x10 SEF on the Minelab and in my opinion it was about the same performance and certainly
not worth the extra money.

I think if you want a smaller or larger coil then they are worth going for.

Can't imagine I'm going to get an SEF coil for me Deus though!  Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal