Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Rumney.  (Read 4193 times)
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« on: December 10, 2015, 02:38:36 AM »

Only joined this week so be gentle, am a newbie to this, used to sneak out with my fathers metal detector as a kid, but now at 41 my father gave me his Whites 3900D/ProPlus, its an old model and still figuring out settings.

Managed to get out locally with my son this week for the first time and came back with £16 in shrapnel an aching back, sore knees and god knows how many can ring pulls and scrap metals to dispose of, am looking forward to a lot more trips with my son, just wish I knew how to adjust my machine to identify different metals as everything seemed to go above 100 lol Some nicely ploughed fields locally so will be visiting the farmers to try and get some permissions over the coming weeks.  Smiley
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:36:16 AM »

Hello and welcome. Good luck with it all especially getting permissions which can prove difficult. Plenty of advice here on all aspects of the hobby.
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »

Thank you, much appreciated ;-)
raistlain

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »

newbie meself but this site has certainly saved me a lot of wasted time and money with advice on everything detecktory from detectors to spades ...pinpointets to hallmarks you will het some really good advice on here ....oh yer and...Croeso  Wink
marknewbury1

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »

Welcome I started out using the whites xlt good machine but a bit too heavy found some good stuff with it
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »

newbie meself but this site has certainly saved me a lot of wasted time and money with advice on everything detecktory from detectors to spades ...pinpointets to hallmarks you will het some really good advice on here ....oh yer and...Croeso  Wink

Thanks fella, have had a good look around the site already, some great stuff on here, can see me spending a small fortune in the future, may start off small and try making my own sand scoop first mind ;-)
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »

Welcome I started out using the whites xlt good machine but a bit too heavy found some good stuff with it

Yeah mine is a little clunky and the instructions are not too clear for me being dyslexic, cannot make sense of the settings so at the moment it picks up everything lol
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »

Welcome to DW valleyboy.  One good thing about picking everything up,  you wont miss anything.

Well know fact is that beginners luck isn't luck at all, it's hard work digging EVERYTHING. Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »

Hi Vallyboy,just a thought, do you have an instruction manual with your dads detector?
If you haven't, Google up: manual for whites 3900d pro plus metal detector,and perhaps there may be some information that may help you.
Hope this helps,good hunting 👍
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 11:07:08 PM »

Welcome to DW valleyboy.  One good thing about picking everything up,  you wont miss anything.

Well know fact is that beginners luck isn't luck at all, it's hard work digging EVERYTHING. Grin

Very true, but still enjoyable  Wink
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »

Hi Vallyboy,just a thought, do you have an instruction manual with your dads detector?
If you haven't, Google up: manual for whites 3900d pro plus metal detector,and perhaps there may be some information that may help you.
Hope this helps,good hunting 👍

Yes I have a manual, well a 2 page paper leaflet, trouble is I cannot make sense of it to be honest, it will all come with time, looking forward to getting out again ;-)
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »

Hello there: Go to whites.co.uk   when you arrive on page in box that says product search type in make of detector which takes you to your detectors page
At the bottom of the page is a PDF document which you can open by clicking on it.
This gives you full information and pictograms on how to set the machine up.

Hope this helps...Happy Hunting.....PaulB.

Greetings from the Dragon.
valleyboy
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 03:30:19 AM »

Hello there: Go to whites.co.uk   when you arrive on page in box that says product search type in make of detector which takes you to your detectors page
At the bottom of the page is a PDF document which you can open by clicking on it.
This gives you full information and pictograms on how to set the machine up.

Hope this helps...Happy Hunting.....PaulB.

Much appreciated, thank you ;-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal