Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal Detecting Achievement Awards  (Read 2555 times)
Spooyt Vane
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:34:56 PM »

Should the hobby reward the unsung heroes who have done so much for the hobby. This was a cultural award I was awarded
for my work in metal detecting..I know of few on this forum who should get award for their work in the hobby. What do you think.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:20:14 AM »

Unsung Heros.,!!!!!!l that was what the minister for culture, media and sport called us 2 years ago which didn't go down too well with some of the arcies'  lol.
 Jerramy Vines  from radio 2  phoned me up to do some interviews.

i had to do some detecting on the hill behind my house for them besides commenting on the 185 thousand items of treasure that had been reported by us.
after all without us they wouldn't have these objects in the museums  and would never have found them themselves.
we have also found new sites, roman villas, hill forts ect .that they never knew existed.
we have given them so much new information that has opened up loads of doors for them to investigate.
 proberbly saved them hundreds of years of work.

at the very least they could give us more recognition  as a hobby                    instead of brushing us under the carpet and highlighting the crooks who use metal dectectors  as their tools of their trade,

it would be better still if responsable clubs could be invited to work with them on sites,  so much more could be found,

Alan

waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:43:51 AM »

Very good points Al. Yes we should recognise people for their achievements. Geoff and Neil for this excellent site are just two that spring to mind.  Cool
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »

I agree that Geoff, Neil and Glynkid should all be given awards  Smiley.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:33:07 AM »

The amount of lead and iron I found this weekend I am putting myself forward for" The metal detectorist scrap metal recycling award". On a serious ote though I think that anything that shows the hobby in a good light would be a step forward.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

Would a Mr Anthony Robinson of Bristol be up for an award or would he present them.  Grin Grin Grin
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »

perhaps if Mr Robinson awarded them we could get some sponsorship from JCB  Wink
waltonbasinman
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »

Second thoughts Mr Robinson and Mr Philip Harding of Salisbury could provide the interval entertainment. Perhaps a version of spin the balloon knife throwing or something similar.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal