Farmer Phil Past Away Year Today

(1/4) > >>

Kev:
It as been a year since our great friend and detecting mate FARMER PHIL passed away.
Myself and Melonhead have truly missed him and he is never far away from our thought and often popes up in our conversations, When we are out detecting and find some silver or some thing good we always thank Phil for looking down on us. We always feel that there is something missing when we are out detecting (FARMER PHIL)
We have been very fortunate that we are still able to go over and detect on the land that Phil got for us to use over in the Abergavenny area but it is not the same with out him.
Phil may have gone but he will not be forgotten as you all know Myself and Melon head have a find of the day every time we go out the winner as a cup and the loser a big yellow plastic banana.
Also on this site we have the Farmer Phil rally poll which was started at the beginning of this year and also the coin and artefact poll both in pill’s memory .Both have been a great success both myself and Melon head would like to thank procouncil Neil and Taff for allowing us to do this and also the members for participating and supporting both the poll’s.
I have known Phil for over 30 years firstly as a work colleague and then as a fellow detectorist.Phil was a rear bred a true gentleman. I remember when I came out of hospital after my accident and went over to see Phil, melon head and basonman over Abergavenny . As soon as myself and Aunty Ann arrived Phil made such a fuss he was like an old mother hen making sure that I was warm enough and comfy in my wheelchair. As usual he had a boot full of goodies (choc muffins, macoy crisps and Pepsi) Phil always came armed with enough food to feed an army but would never except anything him self of any one. He had also brought a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates for aunty Ann for looking after me.(PHIL WAS ALWAYS SO THOUGHT FULL) .Phil was a true friend and a gentleman .

WE ALL MISS YOU “FARMER PHIL” AND AS PHIL ALWAYS SAID BEFORE WE STARTED DETECTING
“GENTLEMEN IT AS BEEN A PLESURE”

I THINK YOU WOULD ALL AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE.
“PHIL  IT WAS A PLESURE TO KNOW YOU AND YOU WERE A GENLEMAN”

SO WILL YOU ALL PLEASE RAISE A GLASS OVER THE FESTIVE SEASON IN MEMORY OF YOUR FRIEND “FARMER PHIL”
some shots of the good man .............................

Pipster:
What a super post Kev, a true testament to a super guy , I only met him a hand full of times but always had a chat and he always wore a smile. I for one will be raising my glass.

R.I.P Farmer Phil   

dances with badgers:
i will raise a glass to him later kev.must have been an awsome guy.i did speak to him once

peanut:
What a wonderful tribute ....................Phil must have been a 1 in a million bloke.

Stred (Steve):
He was a gentleman, a member of our club for the first year of it,s existence.
My glass will be raised.

Here's to Phil. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page