Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad experience buying a car. BE CAREFUL!  (Read 8055 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »

excellent news rob, hope they are paying up for expenses incurred as well. .

am working on the other matter for you.

cheers

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

rob great news,they should be made to pay for all the problems and inconvenience they have cause.viv
waltonbasinman
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:25:29 PM »

Well done indeed Sir Rob. Perseverance pays dividends. Pity it had to happen but with the law now on your side hope you end up with a decent set of wheels old boy. I know where a Fiat Panda is going £50.00. Six up to Bristol no problem.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »

hi rob its good to hear that things are moving for you,
hope its settled soon all the best DES
Trys

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »

Good news! I had a bad experience buying from a garage in Porth last year...ended up losing a lot of money. Wish I had taken them on now  Undecided
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »

well done rob glad you won, bet you will be glad to have the money to buy another car
debs
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »

Good new Rob ;0)

Once its all settled dont forget to tell us who these jokers are so we can avoid them

all the best
Phil
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »

well done Rob, i knew you'd win that case,  what a bunch of jokers hey,  don't they just try it on,

zorro
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »

Well done Rob, im in the middle of an on going claim myself mate. Fridge freezer packed up after 2 years. manufacturers say "its out of warranty", well known department store i bought it from say "manufacturers wont replace".......
Trading standards say "shop have legal liability to repair,replace or refund".
the supply of goods act 1982 says ( basically) the a trader must ensure an item is fit for the prupose it was designed and last a reasonable time, subject to wear and tear. Trading standards suggest 6 years for a fridge freezer is acceptable.
Trader ( dont know if i can name them YET!!!) now trying to shift responsibilty onto manufacturer, who, obviously aren't buying it (so to speak)
If i dont hear from trader by end of day a recorded letter going to them on monday with a 10 day notice to respond or court action notice will follow.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »

Its nothing to do with the manufacturer, it is the traders responsibility as they are the ones who sold it to you. Dont let them pass the buck onto the manufacturer.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
zorro
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 04:23:10 PM »

Yes i know that Rob . trader is saying they are trying to get manufacturer to replace...frankly i dont give a MONKEYS who replaces it but someone is going to.
as i understand it the trader puts pressure on manufacturer to replace with the threat of cancelling future orders unless they do so. this is after giving the consumer the run around for a while to see if they will drop the case, which wont happen here!
had email from this well known and (supposedly) reputable trader saying they have sent engineers report and are await reply from them.
hopefully on tuesday morning the trader will have letter from me giving them 10 days to shift their a***s.
have to say Trading standards have been BRILLIANT !!! they sent me template letters, copies of supply of goods act, and some excellent advice. would recommend anyone who has a problem/complaint with a purchased item to give them a call.
Traders have been getting away with selling us extended warranties that are totally unnecessary  for years ...and like mugs some of us have paid through the nose for them when we didnt need to!
VOTE for me and i'll make all traders answerable for their underhanded deeds !!!!!
Sorry guys, got carried away with all the election nonsense going on  Shocked
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »

WELL DONE ROB , I KNEW YOU WOULD WIN,,,,,,AND KEV , I'M GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROCEES AS YOU , BUT MINE IS A WASHING MACHINE THAT HAS LASTED 2 YEARS

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
150aceboy
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »

Well done Rob m8, glad you won bud
Ace  Wink
zorro
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

I'll try and get some info from detectordave..he used to work for Comet and might know "the ropes"
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »

Well done Rob - really pleased for you mate - well done on sticking to your guns.

I will now cancel my Ely boys from paying the garage a visit as discussed! Wink

Great news mate
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal