Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help needed lol  (Read 3349 times)
musket ball

« on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »

hi folks i know i been detecting a while now but can anybody help as to when to hit the beach.is it when the wind is head on into the beach ,or blowing from the beach,or across the beach.i seem to catch it wrong everytime.

boooooooom baby lets put a coil to the soil
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »

hi folks i know i been detecting a while now but can anybody help as to when to hit the beach.is it when the wind is head on into the beach ,or blowing from the beach,or across the beach.i seem to catch it wrong everytime.
It's a tough one to call musket ball, depends what part of the coast you are working, I've worked the south Wales beaches after strong on shore and offshore winds, after high tides and, westerly's and northerly's gales, then there's air pressures (barometer),  Huh what I do know, in my experience is that it's hard to beat a good cold spell blowing in from the north or north east. Doesn't have to be gale force but charge the batteries up if it is Grin  just a week or so and the goodies will be in range generally ,having said that you still got to get there before BADGER gets a sniff Wink Wink Wink I'm sure other members will give there input and experience  Smiley just keep at it.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »

i was always told to only go when there was an offshore wind but thats balls mate,fresh drops can be anywhere on a beach,the older gold comes up after storms or extreme low tides twice a year or four times if your lucky..every beach different with currents creating gullies and troughs.i have learnt a lot but always findout something new ,just got to keep going until you get your 5 ring day ,it will happen.lately ive had bugger all.if tenby producing i will let u know bud if working there friday and saturday

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
musket ball

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

nice one mike,found a chain at saundersfoot other day but was not silver or gold gutted.costing a fortune in fuel these days.im using a 15 inch wot coil now to see if theres any difference,seems a tidy coil on pull tabs and coins etc.finding very small buttons deep.so its bound to find a ring sooner or later

celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »

nice one mike,found a chain at saundersfoot other day but was not silver or gold gutted.costing a fortune in fuel these days.im using a 15 inch wot coil now to see if theres any difference,seems a tidy coil on pull tabs and coins etc.finding very small buttons deep.so its bound to find a ring sooner or later
I've been using the 15 "Wot coil for a long time musket ball, it is a fantastic coil and combined with the right machine you achieve awesome depth plus you get the added bonus of greater ground coverage good choice mate. Deep bling will follow Wink Wink Wink Wink
musket ball

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:12 AM »

thats good to hear celtic thankyou will keep you up to date if i get any deep bling.i use the sov gt with it

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:47 AM »

The wind has nothing to do with ripping beaches other than maybe giving a hint of what may be happening, the sea itself is the all important part.
On-shore winds are obviously the ones to look for as they are helping the sea to push inland, which gravity quickly pushes back down the beach taking sand with it but I've seen offshore winds take the tops off waves, making what is, a storm underneath, appear relatively calm on the surface.
Your best source of info is the BBC shipping forecast as the storms needed start way out at sea and may be missing any noticeable wind at all by the time they reach land but the undercurrents will still be present.
Traditionally dedicated beach detectorists usually back away there machines between May and October as the finds become thin on the ground due to the lack of storms but there is no substitute for "knowing" your beach and with regular visits seeing when things are changing Wink
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »

got to be on beaches regular to see the changes .you will get gold in summer but only fresh drops after a warm day obviously.the 15'' wot is awsome on a sovereign,very deep.hit pre decimals at hell off a depth and big rings.think you will be impressed ,just keep at it andy.
 if its any consolation i aint hit gold for a month,been out at least 4 times a week but no one swimming,too cold.
persistance always pays off though so im out again tonight weehee

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »

thats good to hear celtic thankyou will keep you up to date if i get any deep bling.i use the sov gt with it
Hey musket ball, I just had a bargain on e/bay brand knew Gt, used twice, about half the price of a knew one will be connecting the WOT Coil  up for a beach bash this week, will be interesting to see how it performs compared to my old trusty Sovereign Elite Wink Wink
musket ball

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 05:47:24 PM »

nice one celtic hope you do well with the gt,have you had one before,i find it a powerfull machine,i hip mount it as it does get a bit heavy after a while.im yet to have a ring with the wot coil,but fingers crossed will soon,like badger says keep trying,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal