Our Day Over The Bridge

(1/2) > >>

roughneck:
This is the post that I tried to upload last week but was unable, so I'm trying again.  Me and Ron crossed the bridge for a day out last Friday.  The traffic going and returning home was unbelievable and I don't think we'll be going on a Friday again as it took us three and half hours to get home when two hours ten minutes is the norm.
Anyway,  we had a few finds that made the day bearable and somewhat enjoyable.  Find of the day was a Celtic copper/alloy that Ron found whilst cleaning what he thought was another Roman.  Between us we had 13 Romans, the Celtic, a hammie and some post and pre decimal stuff.  Other bits included a watch winder, thimble and lots of rubbish.  We dug a lot of holes in newly cultivated fields and a pasture.  Anyone out there able to identify the pewter piece with two holes in it?
  ID on the Romans, the hammie and the Celtic would be nice too?  Cheers and Happy Digging.!!  Tom

probono:
Still plenty coming up for you - roman, hammered and iron age!

One day I hope to find some land so giving :) - Went to a new field on an old farm today in the hail and managed some bits of lead and a button.....!

I think you said that a lot of your land is pasture too.

Val Beechey:
Well found the two of you. And thanks for the belated post.  ;D

Can’t help with the coins, sorry. The thing with 2 holes looks like some sort of key, interesting. Sounds like a fair day, Finds wise.

Get used to the traffic, Summer’s coming. Fridays always a bad day, especially if you’re heading West. The weather was quite good as well, if I remember and no charge on the bridge !

The Doc:
Nice finds. The unidentified item is part of a rowel spur:

https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/897664

wittsy1:
A nice mixed bag of very nice finds. Thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page