Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: this vid is doing the rounds  (Read 5668 times)
digitup
NWDD Member

« on: August 06, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »

wow this is going to stir up trouble  this vids on all the forums and fb https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=QaKkPPhSwQs&app=desktop
hoover-G

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:55:18 PM »

Metal detector muppet haa fairplay!!
jayhay69
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:03 PM »

i like how the other fella by the jeep covers his face and tells him "stop filming me" my question would be whys he covering his face whilst hes been day hawking Smiley

1 x Gold Guinea
1 x Gold posy ring
8 x Roman coins
2 x Roman Brooch
2 x Silver Denari
6 x Hammered
3 x Silver Milled
1 x silver thimble

Caius Vipsanius Ursus
chantalpoole

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:22:43 PM »

farmer /owner within his rights . i think the bloke would have left quietly without a phone being shoved in his face anyway .Farmer is lucky the guy was non violent, the advice the police give farmers  is not to approach but to report and wait for police to arrive, this could have become very nasty indeed.

started detecting nov 2013
3 x hammy
6 x rings (1 gold 3 silver)
2 x romans
10 x full silver coins
92g of silver
1 x trade weight
a million odds n sods
and a bucket of scrap

it was this or prozac
carling2

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »

Grin very funny video,,no sense out of either of em ,, the landowner for going into 1  and the hawk for carrying it on ,, mind you ive been threatened with a spade around the head from another detectorist who was on my permission {wtf} while I was tectin on there,, that exchange was fun Grin,, so yes muppet tectorists do exist so do senile farmers Grin
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:35:33 PM by carling2 » Logged
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:51:43 PM »

I think the farmer had a lot of patience. The guy appears from the video to have been on private land with tools to steal from it. Though it could also have been staged, most detectorists who might at some stage wander into adjoining fields (diff owners), would leave very apolegetically when approached. Its a pity the farmer did not film the guy actually detectin before approaching him.

I know some farmers that would have dealt with the guy in a different fashion.

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »

I think the farmer had a lot of patience. The guy appears from the video to have been on private land with tools to steal from it. Though it could also have been staged, most detectorists who might at some stage wander into adjoining fields (diff owners), would leave very apolegetically when approached. Its a pity the farmer did not film the guy actually detectin before approaching him.

I know some farmers that would have dealt with the guy in a different fashion.

He should of filmed him detecting, I thought it was strange not to film him in the act, where the farmers proof if he took it further? 
hoover-G

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

Wrong too even go on land without permission and then cheek the landowner on his land is very wrong. However there's been a time I've walked onto a field next too my permission thinking it's mine too detect. The landowner has come over asked what I'm doing lol. We had a giggle from them comments and said he's the brother off the next door farm and happy days got 2 permissions in matter off and hour. Been friends with him ever since even tiled his floor, plastered his wall and he got me more land close bye. Wink
GJH

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »

How do we know he was the farmer, I don't think it was mentioned.
Geoff
carling2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:37 PM »

I don't think he was the farmer , if you look at the comments below video on utube ,, the guy that filmed it is on there ,, I don't know any farmers that hang around on you tude posting metal detecting related movies then talk with tecies about the movie?Huh?,,, stinks of a set up.or unless its just some nosy bod having a go.
roaljodaka
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »

My sick humour lol, thought it was well funny  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:26 PM »

You're right Carling, he's not the Farmer. I read through some of the comments and this is his answer to one of the comments.

Tree Rat

3 hours ago

Im not the landowner i have the vermin control over this land and help the farmer as he is a old timer and has been asulted in the past bt poachers

This doesn't make the situation any better though.  Land Owner or Contractor he was right in questioning the fella. He was also very stupid to confront him as he did.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 04:35:54 PM »

Thought some of you might be interested in reading John Winters Blog re.' Mike the Mouthy Muppet'

The comments at the bottom are the most interesting.  I stand back in amazement. Shocked Shocked  Enjoy.

http://www.johnwinter.net/jw/2014/08/the-arrogant-detecting-thief/

Val

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »

I think that's more a case of wishful thinking Val and while it could be a set up job we as a community are very good at throwing our hands up in horror when something like this or nighthawking gets pushed into the spotlight and yet it probably occurs at one place or another every day of the week
Yes thankfully these people only represent less than 1% of the hobby and most of those tend to be new but what never ceases to amaze me is the shock expressed, I personally have lost count how many times people have told me at rallies that they know someone who night or day Hawks and when someone is caught there is generally an accompanied whisper that the person was well known for doing it Shocked but how many people have ever been prosecuted due to the information of another detectorist? not a single one.
So counting out short term memory loss brought about by VLF waves coursing through our heads or our Genome being related to that of an Ostrich which forces us to bury our heads into the sand is this guys offence detecting without permission or being caught doing so Undecided
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »

Personally I'm inclined to think it is a set up Geoff.  Knowing human nature as I do I find their demeanour all wrong. And, come on, lets be honest, how many people run around with a video recorder in the car, just in case !! 
If we all did then there would soon be some really compelling evidence for U.F.O's   Roll Eyes  (You know what I mean) Wink

It was the author of a couple of the comments that surprised me. Didn't you look further down the page.

Val

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal