Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you take em !!?  (Read 2344 times)
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« on: June 13, 2016, 07:45:18 PM »

Statins that is !!
When living and working in Spain for many years my lifestyle was pretty hectic to say the least.
I was quite a heavy smoker and could down copious of vino and local brandies,and in turn I found it was not long before it took its toll.
After several visits to a private doctor I was obviously advised to quit the fags,and cut back on the alcohol which I did.
And along with that I was put on to 'STATINS'and a fairly high dosage at that.
When we returned to the UK we managed to get into register and had a check up and was told to continue to take the statins,but I started to feel very tired and lethargic,and at times I was actually not feeling well at all.
So after further visitations to my GP I requested that for a trial period to cut the dosage by half,and not only that I split the dose by half again,50% in the morning 50% at night.
And "bingo"I started to feel a whole lot better !!
So,after that I again re visited my GP and asked him if I could stop them altogether,so,after a trial period of three months  of NOT taking the stations
I no longer have aches and pains in my back,arm and legs,and also I have so much more energy and a general feeling of great well-being.
SO,if your on Stations,have a word with your doctor,ask if it's ok to initially half your dose,and see if you feel any difference.
I know biologically we are all different and it may not be for all.
It's one of the best decisions I've made. Thanks for reading this.👍
PS.forgot to add...my cholesterol is exactly where it should be 😁
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »

An interesting post Chris. I took statins for a while after extensive tests showed that I had suffered a heart attack some time in the recent past but they were unable to say when but advised me to start taking statins. I eventually developed very sore muscles in my right shoulder and arm. Upon stopping the statins the soreness cleared up and has not returned.

Still having some arthritis problems though.  Cry

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:54:56 PM »

Statins that is !!
When living and working in Spain for many years my lifestyle was pretty hectic to say the least.
I was quite a heavy smoker and could down copious of vino and local brandies,and in turn I found it was not long before it took its toll.
After several visits to a private doctor I was obviously advised to quit the fags,and cut back on the alcohol which I did.
And along with that I was put on to 'STATINS'and a fairly high dosage at that.
When we returned to the UK we managed to get into register and had a check up and was told to continue to take the statins,but I started to feel very tired and lethargic,and at times I was actually not feeling well at all.
So after further visitations to my GP I requested that for a trial period to cut the dosage by half,and not only that I split the dose by half again,50% in the morning 50% at night.
And "bingo"I started to feel a whole lot better !!
So,after that I again re visited my GP and asked him if I could stop them altogether,so,after a trial period of three months  of NOT taking the stations
I no longer have aches and pains in my back,arm and legs,and also I have so much more energy and a general feeling of great well-being.
SO,if your on Stations,have a word with your doctor,ask if it's ok to initially half your dose,and see if you feel any difference.
I know biologically we are all different and it may not be for all.
It's one of the best decisions I've made. Thanks for reading this.👍
PS.forgot to add...my cholesterol is exactly where it should be 😁
Great to hear Chris, more detecting mate  Wink Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

I was thinking of hitting Talacre sands with the Safari, Big coil, and sand scoop this coming Sunday; or perhaps trying Llandudno on the Monday, whilst the wife and her cousin are at a Mother's Union Annual Lunch.

Just can't shake off the arthritis though!

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:53:57 PM »

Hi Chris,wishing you every success on yet another expedition to Talacre.
I've just bought a new MARS TIGER coil for my Macro RACER,hoping your arthritis is bearable,and yes I get it in both hands,its not so bad when the weather is dry..BUT...when the wet weather's about or humidity is high god it's  just about possible to hold a cup and saucer....bloody old age !!...BUT...the option is even worse !!... LOL👍
P.S.good hunting👍

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal