Teknetics T2 questions . . .

(1/4) > >>

Neil:
I'm toying with buying a Teknetics T2 next month to add to my detecting arsenal.

Any thoughts on the machine from those who already use one?

Any recommendations on where to buy from?

Coil preferences?

How do you find it on plough, pasture, sand, etc.

Cheers
Neil

Dungbeetle:
Nice light machine,I had the large SEF coil on mine and it did go deep. It's quite a sparky machine and don't think about going on the beach with it because it would drive you mad with falsing. It's good on pasture and very fast.

Seasider:
Neil, I use a T2, although it is an older model. I bought it second hand a few years ago, but had to replace the coil when I drove over it ! It is a light easy to use detector and will find you quite a lot. OK it has to be reprogrammed every time you switch on, but that only takes about 30secs.It is not good on sand, though. Earlier this year I added a Detech Ultimate 13" coil and I feel it has been worthwhile as it has added some depth. I bought the new coil on Ebay and surpringly it was shipped from Bulgaria; seems to be the genuine article and works fine.
If you are dilly-dallying over buying one, remember if you don't get on with it they are always easy to sell.
Oh, and T2s don't like electric fences and power lines

Chef Geoff:
I would say that the T2 is never going to be a bad choice, as has been said it's light, fast and very sensitive a great rally machine, you only have to look at Herbie and Avalon's finds to reassure yourself that it does the business ;)

probono:
I learned how to become a much better detectorist using a T2.

Pros: Light, easy to programme (only 3 settings), good at finding things, Cheap - really easy to pinpoint. Very easy to learn to use

Cons: Can be a bit sparky if you run it hot (sens 99, disc 6, tones +2), had to put a cover on the battery compartment as it didn't like the damp (at least mine didn't), sensitive to other machines / phones / garrett probe - and I was obviously a bit rough with mine as when I put it down I would always have to re-programme it.

I've still got mine, but I've lent it to my brother in law (partly as it doesn't take up much space either).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page