Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chef-Phones at Rooksbridge  (Read 3799 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« on: November 05, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »

Hi all
Well after the last rally I received a few grumbles about not letting people know that I would be there with headphones for sale, so this time I'm giving notice that I will be there.

I will have with me the Chef-Phones original (Koss type)........normal price £58.95 Rally price £50.00

Chef- Phones "Super-Lights".........SOLD OUT...................... normal price £44.95 Rally Price £40.00 orders taken with payment, dispatched on Wednesday 11th Nov.

And now for yet another new model. After developing the above models, both of which have proved very popular I turned my attention to the popular but sometimes problematic American made headphones, Grey Ghosts, Black Widow, Sunray Pro Golds etc. And looked at some of the  the complaints  and observations that British detectorists had made about them. After trying many headsets and reverting to that used by the Chef-Phone original because of it's superior Attenuation and build quality, we have:-

Chef-Phone "USA pro" 150 ohm speakers, removable 6m curly lead, twin volume controls, mode/kill switch and sound limiter switch and of course the lifetime guarantee. This is the first time that anyone will have seen this model as not even Detecnicks the dealer hear in the UK or Le Fouillier in Paris have actually seen them, (their models only went in the post today).

The normal price for these will be £82.00.........................................Rally price £70

I will only be bringing 4 models of each with me, but if you decide on trying them that you would like a pair then an order can be taken at the special one day rally price.
Thanks for reading this post and good luck on sunday.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:18:45 PM by Chef (Geoff) » Logged
kaister

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

will they work on a xp machine, as the koss ones i have dont for some reason (different ohm?)

kai

I try to get hammerd at least once a week.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »

Yes they all work on all machines (except Nautilus). what do you mean they "don't work"? do you mean not very well or they don't work at all?
kaister

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »

with the minelab koss no sound what so-ever, they work fine on the minelab but plug them into the xp and no sound at all. i put it down to different ohmage.

I try to get hammerd at least once a week.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »

hi Kaister
No nothing to do with Ohms, it will be the connection in the jack plug, Minelab, Cscope & Fisher use one conection and XP, Whites & Tesoro use another.
I have noticed that there is much said about the ohms and headphones on the XP Forum, unfortunately most of it is bull. all detectors are set up to run headphones of 32ohm easily, as these are the most common over the counter headphones. Basicly the higher the ohms then the less power it takes for them to work (ohms law). so ohms can be too low but they would have to be very low, and too high (over 250) would mean they would burn out.
The chef phones are:- Super Lights  32 OHM,  Chef-Phone Originals 100 OHM and the new USA's are 150 OHM.
Hope this helps.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »

bump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal